New Visitor
pagetwo

Can't 'view entire inbox'

When I log in to my comast email, I get the preview panel.  When I click on 'view entire inbox' , it hangs and then times out.  Same thing happens if I click on 'compose new'.  Same thing happens when I try to view each individual email.  This worked until about a week ago.  Is there a setting somewhere that is preventing the email from being opened from the preview screen?

Contributor
jamodio

Re: Can't 'view entire inbox'

Same thing is happening to me.  Have you figured out the problem or received any feedback.  I can't understand why this is happening. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you look through previous threads in this Forum, you will see that this is a problem that Comcast is already aware of.  No date yet for a fix.  In the meantime, you can try these suggestions:

01-26-2012 04:57 PM I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

Thanks to JR for this information

If you must get to your email, you can also try using the very basic m.comcast.net

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Only my laptop is affected. It works everywhere, but at home.

Contributor
jamodio

Same here.  Only the laptop was affected.  I noticed I also couldn't play some videos and it said to upgrade to the latest version of Flash player.  Not sure what this has to do with viewing my email.  But I downloaded the latest version of Flash (on my laptop) and I still couldn't view my inbox or watch certain videos.  BUT, after I downloaded Google Chrome and used that as my browser, i am now able to view my inbox and play those certain videos.  It appears the problem is with my internet explorer.  So, until I can figure out how to upgrade my explorer, I'll use Google chrome when checking my comcast email. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

jamodio wrote:

Same here.  Only the laptop was affected.  I noticed I also couldn't play some videos and it said to upgrade to the latest version of Flash player.  Not sure what this has to do with viewing my email.  But I downloaded the latest version of Flash (on my laptop) and I still couldn't view my inbox or watch certain videos.  BUT, after I downloaded Google Chrome and used that as my browser, i am now able to view my inbox and play those certain videos.  It appears the problem is with my internet explorer.  So, until I can figure out how to upgrade my explorer, I'll use Google chrome when checking my comcast email. 

Which version of Internet Explorer were you using?  To check- click on Help in Internet Explorer...A window will open showing which version you currently have.  To upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer (Version 9) Here is the link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

Are you also keeping Windows Updates current?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

Tried using latest Chrome. More interesting is it works from my office on the Comcast business connection there, just not at home.

Email Expert
CCCarole

daschmidt wrote:

Tried using latest Chrome. More interesting is it works from my office on the Comcast business connection there, just not at home.

I have asked the Administrator to have someone from XfinityConnect Team to review this entire thread and reply to it.  Yes, I agree it is intersting that it works with the business connection, but not at home.

I don't know why tho- Different set up, different browser maybe set up maybe?  Which browser do you use at home, and at work?

Contributor
FixItinTexas

Same thing is happening to me and has been for about two months.  I have to jump between browsers to TRY and find an answer.  Today, none of them work.  Have tried "Liter" version, with little success. Today, I can't even access the Preferences tab to change back to Lite.  Sure wish Comcast would get off their duff and fix this.

Official Employee

We're sorry that you guys are seeing this problem. Unfortunately, this issues is an isolated issue and very specific to your computer settings. Since you are facing this issue only on your home computer\laptop, can you check to see if you can disable any add-ins on your browser (maybe your antivirus too?) and if it would resolve this issue?

We're guessing it could be a popup blocker add-in or anti-virus program which could be blocking some of our code.

Do let us know the results!

Thank you

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
New Visitor
kimd5

[ Edited ]

I have noticed this same problem tonight for the first time on my home computer. Running Explorer 9 and this is the first time I have tried to retrieve e-mails since the new program update. Cannot open mailbox or compose new message.  All I get are the blue dots circling. I tried clearing temp files, cookies, etc.  Still have problem. 

I am running Windows 7, Xfinity Connect for email

New Visitor
kimd5

Addition to my post above.  I am able to access my mailbox and compose messages using Google Chrome so probably issue caused by Explorer 9.

Contributor
jamodio

Kimd, I figured the same thing.  It has to be caused by the Explorer update.  I have to use Google Chrome to access my email too. 

Contributor

Runs fine on my two home machines Win7 w/explorer 9 and Microsoft security Essentials. Did many updates to my laptop running WinXP SP3, explorer 8 and Trend AV. It works now but slowly. Don't this it has anything to do with explorer because it didn't work with Chrome either from home. BTW, it always worked from other places. Likely, firewall or AV.

Email Expert
CCCarole

It seems so far, Comcast has not been able to isolate exactly what is causing the problems with XfinityConnect for some users.  These issues are not happening for all users, and doesn't appear to be reserved to only certain browsers either.  For example, I use IE 9 and I use Firefox 10, and do not have the problem.

So- until we get an update from Comcast, if you must read your mail, you can go to m.comcast.net.  This is  very,very basic email, but you can read your mail there.  OR- Set you an email client & use it.  One of the most popular 'free' email clients is Windows Live Mail. I realize these are not great answers, but maybe it will help someone.

Have all all cleared your browser cache?  Have you thought about resetting your browser?

CC

Contributor

Has anyone wondered why this started since Comcast started sending its own version of spam?

I believe mine started acting up about the same time I listed one of their ads as spam via the full inbox. Now there is no way of getting at that.

Clearing cache did not help.

I ran IE 9 version without any addons(special start item) and it did the same thing. My suspicion is it is tied to individual accounts on their end.

Contributor

Also, why do I have to jump through comcasts hoops to get to the entire inbox? Never had to do that before they renamed to xfinity.

A real joke if you use TV signal. To this day, basic is still analog and terrible signal. These days, basic should be digital automatically. Why did the government spend all that money for converter boxes? Instead they prefer to gouge you just to get basic digitally. Local governments need to fix.

I've been one of their first internet users when they came to town. It has been pretty good all these years, but I don't like the xfinity changes.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity makes us click thru several screens so we have to look at lots of ads.  They made their service lousier so they can sell more ad "views" or "clicks".

Contributor

Maybe the only way around is to get outlook and set some good filters in it to grab junk.

Email Expert
CCCarole

stevieb2 wrote:

Xfinity makes us click thru several screens so we have to look at lots of ads.  They made their service lousier so they can sell more ad "views" or "clicks".

First- If you go to the Comcast homepage, and click on Ad Info below an add, you will be directed to where you can opt out of seeing ads. 

Do remember too, ads are everywhere.  If there weren't any ads, the cost for service would be higher.

Because Comcast is your ISP does not mean you must use XfinityConnect for email at all.  You can, as another poster suggested, use an email client instead (Windows Live Mail, Outlook,etc.)  You would just need to download & configure the email client of your choice.  NO ads in email clients.

An email client can be set up to 'Lave a copy of messages on the server' as well- So you can have access to email both places.

CC

New Visitor
TMartin2

I am having this issue as well. Very frustrating as I can search for email that I need.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Looking back at all the posts in this thread, what exactly is the problem you are having please? Also, what have you tried to fix it? Which browser/ version do you use?