New Visitor
Joe39056

Can you keep att.net email address if you change to Comcast?

If I change service from ATT to comcast can I keep my current email address, hate to have to change all of my personal accounts to a new email address?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Can you keep att.net email address if you change to Comcast?

Joe39056 wrote:

If I change service from ATT to comcast can I keep my current email address, hate to have to change all of my personal accounts to a new email address?

You would need to ask AT&T, but I doubt it.  Most ISP's do not give you access once you terminate their service. A few suggestions if you do change from AT&T... Before you do:

Export all your contacts in that address book as an csv file and save it somewhere on your PC.  Once you make the switch you can then easily import your address book contacts into Smartzone (Comcast's email program)  You might also want to set up an email client (Outlook, Windows Live Mail) so you can have messages saved in the AT&T Inbox  downloaded to the email client.  If you have messages saved in Folders in AT&T, you might also want to move them to that Inbox too, so you can download them to the email client.  By default, once an email client is configured, it will download messages from the server, and will REMOVE them from the server.

If you need further help, please post back.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Joe39056 wrote:

Hello,

I don't know if this is still valid but here is what I found. http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1632509~f8d07b6e53e9faa3c7d7d7f4048564ea/AT@T.pdf

You could call the number to verify if it is true

Email Expert
CCCarole

I hope that this is still current information, will save the OP alot of time moving & notifying everyone of a new email address.

Thank you for posting this! :smileywink:

If not, another option is to use Easy Change:  Here is the link to the details about Easy Change:

LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.