Contributor
PSB316

Cannot Access Email

When I sign into email, my email list comes up, but when I click "view entire inbox" it just hangs with the circle arrow.  It also happens when I try to open any individual email.  So I basically cannot access my email.  This has been happening since yesterday.  Anyone else having this issue?

New Visitor

Re: Cannot Access Email

Yes, I am also experiencing Comcast email issues! Ever since (I don't know if there's a connection) a Windows update the two nights ago, I can access only my Comcast email inbox, but I cannot get into any of my folders, including "Sent." I tried Chrome, and I can access Comcast email via that browser, so perhaps it is an IE issue (?). My Comcast email has been acting strange, and it also appears different: The font is slightly smaller. Comcast, what is happening to email??

Contributor
PSB316

YES - I just tried the Chrome browser and it worked!  Thanks!

Email Expert
Latoque

PSB316 wrote:

When I sign into email, my email list comes up, but when I click "view entire inbox" it just hangs with the circle arrow.  It also happens when I try to open any individual email.  So I basically cannot access my email.  This has been happening since yesterday.  Anyone else having this issue?

Try clearing out your browser's cache. Cookies and other small files in there can cause a lot of problems if they become conflicting, broken or expired. When you have done that, then close out the browser and re-start it.

This is typical of the problems caused by bad files in the browser cache.  Using another browser is another option.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
PSB316

Yeah, IE definitely has issues with that.  I recently updated a website, and my IE was still showing the "old" website, until I cleared out the cache.  But in this case, it didn't seem to work.  I just upgraded to IE-11.  Let me try that.

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

IE-11 is still really new by Comcast standards.  Some people have been having issues with it.  So don't be suprised if something else comes up short.

Just sayin

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
PSB316

Comcast's email client has historically run better on Chrome - at least for me.  So I will just stick with that, for now. I'd switch to Outlook Express if I didn't have so many emails already saved in Comcast's folders.  I may just have to bite the bullet & download them all.  Between Comcast's troubles with its email client, and the troubles IE seems to always have, .....  sigh.

Email Expert
Latoque

You really don't want to use Outlook Express.  It is now badly outdated, and is no longer being supported by Microsoft.  It has a known penchant for losing lots of messages as it's gotten older.  Check this out------------------

http://ask-leo.com/why_outlook_express_must_die.html

Use something better like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.

Contributor
PSB316

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check it out.