New Visitor
kevinmanley
Accepted Solution

Cannot access my email account

I am unable to access my email.  I sign into the account just fine, but when I click on email it all of a sudden shows a yellow icon and does not allow me into my email account.  I have accessed this email account for 10 plus years and now it is blocking me from getting into my very own email!

New Visitor
swafoss

Re: Cannot access my email account

Same here!! what gives? I am waiting for a call back from Comcast in approx. 13 mins.

New Visitor
karterVT

Yeah same here, I cannot get to my email! This has happened before and was wide spread, hopefully Comcast can get their act together shortly.

New Visitor

I have been unable to access my email since Friday.  I have called 3 times to find out when the problem would be resolved and get the same answer: "The technicians are working very hard to resolve the problem. We appreciate your patience." How does that help people whose work relies on their email? If you've lost business on Friday and still have no way to contact clients on Monday, what is Comcast's liability? None, of course.  There is really no excuse for this.

New Visitor
kittyup2012

I cannot go to the Connect tab to read and delete my emails. 

Frequent Visitor

I signed up for the Xfinity package, mucho installation fee plus $19.95 a month. This will solve your slow e-mail and the high disk usage problem.TOTAL RIP OFF

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

If you need  to access your email and cannot view inXfinityConnect, try using the m.comcast.net page.  This is the ver basic email program.  Comcast is aware of these email issues, but no fix yet.  So far they have recommended that you:  Clear your browser catch, save yourbookmarksand then reset your browser to the default settings, turn on compatibility view in Internet Exploer, and try a different browser.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I finally reached a tech who knew what he was doing.  We have just moved, and for some reason, it took a week for Comcast to turn off the old account.  It had to be reset to the new physical address because I set up a different account.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Email Expert
CCCarole
Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor
rron

Re: I can access my e-mail account but I cannot open my e-mails.

I can access my e-mail account but cannot open my e-mails.  The stange thing is I can delete my e-mails.

Email Expert
CCCarole

rron wrote:

I can access my e-mail account but cannot open my e-mails.  The stange thing is I can delete my e-mails.

If you are using the Full version of XfinityConnect, try switching to the Lite version and then try again.

To do: Open XC, click on Preferences>General.  Tick the box for Lite, close and re-open XC.  You should now be in the Lite Version. Can you open your email now?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

More details from me would help - I am using xfinity mobile on my smartphone.  I want to use outlook on my PC to keep all the e-mails; I'd just like to ability to view, respond, and create emails on my smart phone.

New Visitor
123jump

Do not know what yhis means

New Visitor
schmoo3

When I pressed "send" on my Eudora email account it came back with the message "Server SSl certificate was rejected as unknown." any suggestions why I can't send an email?

New Visitor
annedowdle

i can access my email account on MY IPHONE, but i cannot send or reply to any emails. A message comes up that says: "The user name or password for "SMTP:annedowdle@smpt.comcast.net is incorrect." my email address is only annedowdle@comcast.net Please help me because i am going on an international trip tomorrow and i am concerned that i cannot send or reply to my phone emails. Thank you.

New Visitor
annedowdle

i can access my email; i just cannot reply or send emails from my iphone. i don't know what you are talking about. Sorry, you may have to help me step by step.

Official Employee
cc_xc

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

A description of your mail settings on the iPhone would be helpful (which server name are you using for SMTP, what ports, SSL enabled, etc.).

Also, is this using the XC app or the default iPhone mail client?

Official Employee
cc_xc

Here is a link where you can reference the settings required for SMTP:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

Using IOS 6.x I am able to use the recommended settings (using encryption for authentication with the SMTP mail gateway) from an iPhone 4GS as well as 5 device.

Kindly verify that you have the correct settings first :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
John3103

I was just helping a friend to get her email working in Outlook and I can't figure out why my comcast email is working but hers suddenly stopped working between friday and now. all the email settings for outlook are correct and even webmail works fine just not outlook. it's like dns isnt routing for her incoming/outgoing servers.

for sake of argument i did disable any firewalls that were on, but that didn't help. We are both in Chicago but far enough apart that we probably hit different nodes.

Email Expert
CCCarole
Email Expert
CCCarole
Visitor
joeso

Help  - cannot access my e-mail....Don't understand what the probelm is....Please respond.

Lucille

Email Expert

joeso wrote:

Help  - cannot access my e-mail....Don't understand what the probelm is....Please respond.

Lucille

November 13 2013 - Email and voicemail unavailable

New Visitor

I am not tech savvy, and I don't understand computer talk!   But I expect to be able to have access to my emails whenever I want to read them, write them, delete them, forward them, etc, etc.!!!

I pay good money for this service, and have for many, many years with Comcast.   I pay my bills to pay for the service I get.   But, when I don't get the email service, I don't think that I should have to pay for service that I don't receive!!!    I want to know when my email access will be restored.  I have important business to take care of.    I don't want to get directions to do something that I don't understand, and should be taken care of by Comcast!

Thank you very much!

Connection Expert
EG

Current issue is unrelated to this year and half old topic. Thread now closed.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Please see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/November-13-2013-Email-and-voicemail-un... for more information on our current service interruption.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-