New Visitor

Cannot create secondary email

Getting a message stating that I "have to login with an email from my comcast.net" in order to be able to create secondary accounts. Regardless of logging in where on my primary account, I continue to get the same error over and over. So I have my primary email account (which is listed as primary) and I cannot create any secondary accounts because it seems to think I'm not attached to my own account. Any clues?
Email Expert
JR071702

Re: Cannot create secondary email

Taffu wrote:
Getting a message stating that I "have to login with an email from my comcast.net" in order to be able to create secondary accounts. Regardless of logging in where on my primary account, I continue to get the same error over and over. So I have my primary email account (which is listed as primary) and I cannot create any secondary accounts because it seems to think I'm not attached to my own account. Any clues?

I would call 1-800-COMCAST to verify that what you think is the primary e-mail address for your account actually is the primary.    There have been occasions where Comcast technicians, when doing the install, will create a primary account and a secondary account and give the installee the secondary account name.   And the only time that user finds out about it is when he/she needs to do something where they need to be primary.

JR

Service Expert
Again

Taffu wrote:

Are you trying to create a brand new secondary account from within SmartZone or by going to the comcast.net homepage and clicking on Account Links/Create Another Account [found underneath the email icon]?  Or, are you trying to add an account that has already been created?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor

This issue was recently addressed when they merged the accounts. It was only a week or two ago that I was on the phone with Comcast addressing the primary email account and having it corrected so that we could access our account. The email address I'm using is the primary...I know this because we just fixed that problem.

I'm trying to create a secondary email address from within the customerCare center at Comcast.net using the "My Account" link. Under the email settings, where you can change email account information (ie. email password, etc.) I get an "i" notice stating that I cannot create Secondary Email addresses (upon bringing the page up...there are no "options" to create another email account being clicked or visible on the page). I would like to create another email address.

Email Expert
JR071702

Taffu wrote:

This issue was recently addressed when they merged the accounts. It was only a week or two ago that I was on the phone with Comcast addressing the primary email account and having it corrected so that we could access our account. The email address I'm using is the primary...I know this because we just fixed that problem.

I'm trying to create a secondary email address from within the customerCare center at Comcast.net using the "My Account" link. Under the email settings, where you can change email account information (ie. email password, etc.) I get an "i" notice stating that I cannot create Secondary Email addresses (upon bringing the page up...there are no "options" to create another email account being clicked or visible on the page). I would like to create another email address.

Well, it sounds like there is still something amiss with the account then.   I'd call 1-800-COMCAST and tell them about the problem (and your previous issue) and tell them that you are not able to set up a secondary e-mail address via My Account.

JR