New Visitor
mcrscnz

Cannot get comcast mail on iphone

I've been getting my emails well on my iphone until just recently.  Now there is some searching only to see two 2 pop up messages: 

1. The user name or password for "comcast mail" is incorrect

2. The mail server "mail.comcast.net is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in mail settings.

Nothing has been changed in my settings.  I called Apple for help and they said I must call Comcast. I then called Comcast and my call was moved around to several destinations but I did not receive a single suggestion.  Finally I was routed without warning to a tech help center which wanted to charge an initial $39.99 enrollment fee plus about $6 a month for service. She explained that I should get them to try resolve the issue. I feel that I'm paying enough and would like some help with this.

New Visitor
sjlukens

Re: Cannot get comcast mail on iphone

Had the same problem recently and never had it before. I personally think it was a problem with comcast's end. I went in and looked at my settings and really changed nothing and it worked. I had been having the problem on and off over a couple of days and then nothing since. That's what makes me think, my problem was something to do with downloading email from comcast's server.

Visitor

Re: Cannot get comcast mail on iphone

I had the same exact issues.  I deleted the account thinking it was something with my phone and set it up again only now it says "Cannot Connect to the mail server to verify your account information.  Your server is not responding".  So now I have no email on my EVO.

Visitor

Re: Cannot get complaint mail on IPhone

I just sent virtually the same complaint to Comcast via their email.  Their Chat Help is a horror show, with lots of unintentional humor.  Calling them is useless. I put the phone on Speaker and dance around and wait until no one answers, or I eventually get an answer and am redirected to so many differnt department until they disconnect me. Oddly, I had no problem with getting my emails on my IPhone, then not only did I stop getting emails and lost the ability to send them-- I saw that several days of emails were actually "disappeared"

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Cannot get complaint mail on IPhone

Works fine here.  Post your settings, both POP and SMTP from the Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> (account name)