Visitor
aequoanimo

Cannot open email from inbox

Yesterday I could not login to my email account. Kept getting 'Userid and Password do match' or something like that.  Wife was having trouble opening email from inbox (she could login). After talking with comcast support it seemed like we could get into and read mail.  This morning I can still log in but when I click on an email in my inbox it will not open.  In bar at bottom of inbox page it says "Error on Page", and in the little window below my folders  "Loading..." is continuously displayed.  If I try to open a folder it does not show any messages even though there are messages in there (I know because when I move my cursor over the folder name in pops a window that tells me how many messages are in that folder). I clicked on Preferences, Calendar, Address Book, Voice, and Email at top of page and get the following error in a popup window:

"ZmZimletMgr is Undefined", or for address book "ZmAddrBook is Undefined" or ZmContact is Undefined".  I clicked on send error report almost every time. Then the Preference, Calendar, Address Book, etc open up.

When I click on send error report where do they go?

Does comcast use VMware Zimbra for its email service (seems that ZmZimletMgr is related to Zimbra)?

Anyone else having these issues (Only saw 1 forum post but it was a login problem not an open email problem)?

Sorry for long post wanted to get whoever might look at it as much info as possible.

Official Employee
cc_xc

Re: Cannot open email from inbox

What is the OS and Browser you are using?  Have you cleared the cache?

Visitor
aequoanimo

Xp on 2 different desktops, vista on laptop

Browser:

firefox on 1 desktop, ie on laptop and other desktop

did not clear cache, will try  and then report

Visitor
aequoanimo

Clearing cache did not help

Visitor
aequoanimo

Just wanted to get you an update (more info).  I can get to my email and open it when I use the email app on my droid.  Yesterday when i could not even login from my droid. i was receiving the same "userid and password does not match..." error.

Visitor
tangi411

Spoiler

I am having the same problems, zmzimletmgr is undefined.  what is happening? 

Visitor
Visitor

I am also having the same problem! Has there been any further posts about this problem?

Email Expert
CCCarole

L_K wrote:

I am also having the same problem! Has there been any further posts about this problem?

Is your problem you cannot open email in the Inbox, or that you cannot get to the Inbox? 

Post back with answers to all of the following please.

Which verison of XfinityConnect (full or Lite)

Which browser and which version of the browser?

Whcih operating system?

Have you cleared your browser cache and history?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
Visitor

I can get to the Inbox Preview...

but cannot 'View Entire Inbox', cannot 'Compose New', cannot get to Address Book, Calendar, Preferences and cannot click on an individual email without all these options coming to a screen that says 'undefined' and gives me the endless blue dots in a circle.

I assume I am using XfinityConnect full version...I cannot access Preferences to check.

Using Internet Explorer 9

Windows 7 home

Cleared browser cache and history yesterday...did not do anything.

Networking Expert
Baric

L_K wrote:

I can get to the Inbox Preview...

but cannot 'View Entire Inbox', cannot 'Compose New', cannot get to Address Book, Calendar, Preferences and cannot click on an individual email without all these options coming to a screen that says 'undefined' and gives me the endless blue dots in a circle.

I assume I am using XfinityConnect full version...I cannot access Preferences to check.

Using Internet Explorer 9

Windows 7 home

Cleared browser cache and history yesterday...did not do anything.

Sounds like a cookie issue.  Did you also delete your cookies?  In IE9, Tools (the little gear icon on the upper right) -> Internet Options -> General tab -> Delete..., make sure Temporary Internet files and Cookies are checked, then press Delete.

Visitor

I am having similar problem using Vista, IE 9 & regular Xfinity.  If I use Safari, then log in to Comcast, I have no problems.  In Preferences, selected "Xfinity light" & could see list of all e-mails & open them & any attachments.  Have no problem on Mac, or other computers using XP, older IE & regular Xfinity.  Think I remember Comcast had a mystery problem years ago after an upgrade & it took them a while to sort it out.  Wonder why it's taking so long?  RL

Visitor
Visitor

I've tried this all...nothing is working! Still says 'undefined'...getting frustrated at this point. Called Comcast yesterday, they said someone would be calling...nothing yet.

Networking Expert
Baric

L_K wrote:

I've tried this all...nothing is working! Still says 'undefined'...getting frustrated at this point. Called Comcast yesterday, they said someone would be calling...nothing yet.

Don't feel alone.  It sounds like something is wrong with your IE9 setup, have you tried a complete reset?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If this still fails to work, then I would recommend moving to another browser.  I use Firefox 7.0.1 here under Win7 with no access issues with Xfinity Connect (not that I use it much).  I would also recommend you start using a real email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, etc.

Contributor
glasgowgal

I have been having issues for the past two weeks trying to open my Comcast email at work.  I could access the inbox, but couldn't open the individual emails.  The only way I was able to view the email was in a preview pane.  Today, I can access my email, but I can't view the emails at all, not even using the preview pane.  I have been getting the following errors:  zimlet "com_zimbra_snapfish" and today this error: zmzimletmgr is undefined.  I contacted Comcast, but they felt it was a problem with IE v 7.0.  I cleared my cache, but the problem still remains.  Anyone found a solution yet?  I never had a problem until 2 weeks ago, which is when it seemed to start for everyone else too. Is Comcast looking into this?

Official Employee
cc_xc

Have you tried to reset the browser to default settings?  Make sure to export your bookmarks first so you can reimport them.

Contributor
glasgowgal

I haven't tried resetting my browser.  I'm on a shared work computer and I didn't know how what kind of effect that would cause.  One of the programs I use for work is web based and I didn't want to risk messing that up.

Contributor
glasgowgal

Wow.  This keeps going from bad to worse.  I tried my email again through IE v.7 this morning and I still can't get in, same error: "zmzimletmgr is undefined".  I can't even view my email now with the preview screen.  I checked with my IT guy here at work and as I thought, he didn't want me to reset my IE because it would screw up the other web based program I use.  He suggested loading Firefox and go into my Comcast email that way.  I loaded Firefox and tried logging in to Comcast, but it keeps timing out and won't load.  This is freakin ridiculous.  I'm putting a lot of time and effort into fixing this issue to no avail.  Obviously, it's not just my problem, something was recently changed on Comcast/Zimbra's end that created this problem. 

Two questions:

1. Is Comcast working on fixing this problem? 

2.  Will my credit be shown in next month's bill since I am unable to use the service I am paying for?

Contributor
TroubledUser

I am having the same problems as mentioned above. Comcast email works okay when I access it with Outlook, but is broken if I access it via the Web. I can view my Inbox, but can't view messages in any format. Also, the whole thing just hangs randomly. I have tried with several browsers: IE8, IE9, Chrome & Firefox. Same problems with all of them. It can't be something about browser configuration or cookies, since it's the same problem with very different browsers. I just installed Chrome yesterday, so I'm sure that excess cookies or temp files are not the problem. I'm am coming in via a corporate gateway to the Internet, so It's not my cable modem. This MUST BE A COMCAST SYSTEM PROBLEM. Time to roll back the latest "fixes."

Contributor
TroubledUser

One more thing: I have the same problem with both Windows XP and WIndows 7, so it's not an OS issue. It's clearly a Comcast issue.

Contributor
glasgowgal

It's funny, I can see that Comcast is sending emails to my inbox, I'm guessing they may be replying to my posts here, but I can't open up the emails to read them!  Hello??  I can't open my email!!

Networking Expert
Baric

Then get your email in a real email client instead of the silly Xfinity Connect web page.  Try Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Eudora, Mac Mail, Pegasus, Zimbra Desktop, or any of the many email clients out there.  While Xfinity Connect should work, the fact is many users are having problems with it (not all, it works fine here), so time to setup to a real email client.  On this Windows 7 system, I use Outlook 2003.  I also have Thunderbird installed for testing, it works fine as well.  I personally do not like Windows Live Mail, it gave me problems left and right with a corrupted mail store, so I ditched it before going to Outlook 2003.  On my MacBook Pro, I use Mail.  On my iPhone and iPad, the iOS Mail app.  The only time I ever go Xfinity Connect it to test something for another user.

New Visitor

It is absolutely maddening.  I cannot get to the inbox in Comcast or Yahoo.  Frustration hardly describes how I feel.  That is so simple, but over and over I keep trying.  I have 2 e-mails.  Eventually, it opens (at least it usually does).  There has to be an answer.

New Visitor
keithcameron08

I reported the same issue for Windows 7 where I can't open my email. I only use the web to interact with my Xfinity email so I don't have an option of using the Outlook solution or a smartphone app. The one way I've found to read the email and get my attachments is if I click "Forward", then the entire message and attachments are dropped in a new compose note where I can read and download attachments. I hope they fix this bug soon!

Contributor
TroubledUser

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same email problem as other people describe in this and other threads. I tried all the suggestions about deleting cookies, emptying the cache, etc., but nothing solved the problem. The problem occurred when I accessed Comcast email via a web browser over my corporate network. And it failed with several different types of browsers.

Now the problem has suddenly gone away for me. I am once again able to access Comcast email successfully via a web browser over my corporate network. A seemingly unrelated problem in the corporate network went away at the same time, so I can only conclude that something in the corporate network was affecting Comcast email. Whatever corporate IT did to fix the network, also fixed the email problem.

Contributor
glasgowgal

Here are two work-arounds that have enabled me to access my email:

The first one: Comcast Mobile link:

http://m.comcast.net/m/

It is bare bones, but you can at least get into your email.

Second option:

Sign into your Comcast email the way you normally do.

Once you are at your inbox, click on Preferences and click on "Xfinity Connect Lite". 

Hit Save and log out of your email. 

Log back in and you will be able to get to your email.

Of course, this second option is if you are not having the problem with the blue circling dot like one of my friends is having and can get as far as being able to log into your email. 

Visitor

And what if you do have the rotating blue circle, have to click on all emails several times, finally get your email open, and then when you select spell check, or address book, and boom you are returned to the list of emails?  What a ridiculous system.  And we pay for this?  RL

Contributor
TroubledUser

I must withdraw my previous comment. Comcast email worked correctly for just 2 days and then returned to its old, broken self. What a disappointment! My corporate network is still working just fine, so once again, I can only assume that it's a Comcast problem. Hello Gmail!

Contributor
glasgowgal

As of yesterday, my email is finally working after being out of commission for over a month and having to go through many workarounds on my end.

I probably just jinxed myself.

New Visitor
New Visitor

The only way I can see the content of emails is to turn on the Reading Pane.  But I still can't reply or forward anything.  Glad I'm switching everything over to gmail.  Comcast still sucks, as usual.

Official Employee
cc_xc

MDR - what is the internet browser and version you are using?  what happens when you try to reply or forward?  do you get an error or anything?

New Visitor

I am having this problem, too. Called Comcast and the representative was not familiar with this issue. He said to give them 72 hours to fix it, but it did not get fixed.

New Visitor

This solution worked for me! Use IE to download Firefox and use Firefox as your default browser. To download, go to http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/. Downloading is very simple and you don't even have to reboot. :smileyblush: 

New Visitor
htyui

I too am having this problem. Called a month ago to comcast, never heard back.... Suffering with use of m.comcast.net, its the only way I got anything to work enough to read mail.... Poor service....

New Visitor

I can open one e-mail that I click on and after that I can't open any more without signing off and starting all over.Comcast worked on this and didn't solve it.What do I do?

New Visitor

You have to make this a little easier for me as I am not real computer literate.

New Visitor

thanks

New Visitor
duva

I can not open "View Entire Inbox"

New Visitor
llepper

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Have emails but they will not open up. "error on page" and I see just like the other guy " ZmZimletMgr". I have two comcast accounts, i will open, the other will not. I had our IT from work look at it and he saw the problem but didn't know how if fix it. Do I need to call Comcast?

New Visitor

I read the message I was supposed to have written and I don't know where it came from .I did not send that request .Better check and see if you got the right party or is there some other problem here

Ed D'Angelo

Contributor

Hallelujah!  It was a cookie issue like the poster said.  I deleted cookies & temp. internet files, and immediately had access to the email.  Jeez, spent 30mins with comcast this morning and logged in from library with no problems.

Jeez Jeez Jeez

Email Expert
CCCarole

You do want to routinely clear your browser cache often. 

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor
tangi411

I'm not sure which version I am using, I think full, as when I click on email preferences to check or change. The same blue circle appears and never stops.

Email Client is outlook (?)

Operating system- windows 7

Internet Explorer for windows

I can see my inbox preview, but when i click on my messages to open them, i get the blue circle that rotates forever, not going anywhere.

Email Expert
CCCarole

tangi411 wrote:

I'm not sure which version I am using, I think full, as when I click on email preferences to check or change. The same blue circle appears and never stops.

Email Client is outlook (?)

Operating system- windows 7

Internet Explorer for windows

I can see my inbox preview, but when i click on my messages to open them, i get the blue circle that rotates forever, not going anywhere.

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? (7-8-9?). Have you cleared your browser cache? Have you reset your browser? Have you tried a different browser,such as Firefox? Are you using a laptop or desktop PC?