Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cannot send email from xfinity email

I have not been able to send email for about a month now. I do not use the lite version. Can't reply or forward. Once in a great while it works but that is very rare. I click forward it starts this auto draft save every few seconds. The buttons remain highlighted, to and forward plus any others. I end up with multiple drafts of the same thing. I click the to box sometimes the address window opens. When it does, if I am able to select an address the whole computer locks up. My wife is having similar issues on her computer. Can comcast check my email to see if something is wrong?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Cannot send email from xfinity email

I have asked a Moderator to read your post.

Do you only use XfinityConnect, or do you also use an email client?

Whivh browser/ version?

Have you cleared your cache?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I have been using xfinity full forever until about two weeks ago well after this problem started because I needed some way to send emails. I have not gotten any help from support so I gave up. I use IE 9 and XP Home SP3. Oh yes I have cleared cache, cookies all of that. I use CCleaner often. I click on forward, for example, can't use reply either, window opens. Forward remains highlighted. Auto draft saved starts immediately with about 1 maybe 2 seconds in between saves and continues several times. Click on "to" then that remains highlighted. The address box opens, sometimes. I choose an address click on it and 98% of the time everything freezes. Once in a very great while it works. I have to close everything and forget about forwarding or replying. My wifes is also acting up on her computer. Her's isn't as bad. Her main issue is this constant auto save and changing of fonts and colors on it's on.

Contributor

My apoligies I am using IE8 not 9.

Official Employee

Can you please try opening Xfinity email on a different browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome and let us know if it works properly?

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Official Employee
ComcastBrianH

@Kiaville, As I understand, you are using Xfinity connect Full version on Internet Explorer 8.

With regard to Auto Draft save the email every few seconds which leads to multiple drafts in the Draft folder, Have you tried disabling the option “Automatically save drafts of messages while you are composing” from email preference and verified, if the same issue occurs?

Have you tried using different browsers (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to access your emails or to reply or forward emails? Do you experience the same issue on other browsers?

You have mentioned in your post that, you are using software called CCleaner. May I know, if the CCleaner process keeps running in the background when you are accessing your Comcast email account using IE?

May I know, the add-ons installed on your IE?

Brian

Comcast Silicon Valley

Contributor
iluvwdw

I am having this same problem. I am using Chrome with xfinity mail. Very frustrating having to go to another laptop to answer mail. I can use outlook express on the other laptop. this is a brand new laptop.

donna

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will try to install chrome when I can get to it. My wife had to do that on her cp in order to use xfinity email. But she has other issues with xfinity email now.

Contributor

No I have not disabled that feature. That is like putting a band aid on the problem and hoping it will go away.

No CCleaner does not run unless it is told to. It has never caused any problems in the years I have been using xfinity and cleaner.

Will have to get back to the addon issue later. I only use as few as possible.

New Visitor
frittsie339

I have received emails, but have tried to send or forward things and it gives me an error message.

Contributor
iluvwdw

same here. i can receive fine. but when i try to reply or send a new message, nothing but a blank pop up window. same thing happened on my phone, had to delete the application  as well as my tablet. cannot send from any device i own, so i KNOW this is a comcast issue. no doubt about that. so comcast, how about fixing it before I take my sons advice and get rid of comcast altogether! he told me that is my main problem!

Contributor

Here are the add ons.    XML DOM Document,  XML DOM Document 4.0,  Shockwave Flash Object,  Robo Form,  Free Download Manager,  ieSpell,  Google.

Email Expert
CCCarole

frittsie339 wrote:

I have received emails, but have tried to send or forward things and it gives me an error message.

frittsie,

What are you using for email?  XfinityConnect or an email client.  Post which one.  If an email client, which version?

Please post  the entire error message you are receiving.

Have you cleared your browser cache?

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Email Expert
CCCarole

iluvwdw wrote:

same here. i can receive fine. but when i try to reply or send a new message, nothing but a blank pop up window. same thing happened on my phone, had to delete the application  as well as my tablet. cannot send from any device i own, so i KNOW this is a comcast issue. no doubt about that. so comcast, how about fixing it before I take my sons advice and get rid of comcast altogether! he told me that is my main problem!

Do you use an email client as well as the iPhone and tablet?

Please check your settings.  What Port are you using for SMTP? And do you have SSL on?

CC

Contributor

Today I installed Chrome and the X-finity email works okay. So what is causing IE to interfere?

Contributor
iluvwdw

Chrome and Windows 8 work ok? When I use my windows mail, it is fine on my old laptop. also works on the old laptop with the xfinity site. was NOT working on my table but will work on my phone.  this only started happening when I changed the ports per comcast's email.

Contributor

Well I discovered a fix for my email problem. I turned off the automated draft save and now my email works fine sending and receiving. Hope this helps someone.

New Visitor
ABCX

Can open newly received emails, but cannot reply. Cannot send new emails. Have difficult deleting emails. When the cursur is moved to the "send" and I left click, a small red circle with a red line as diameter appears.

Contributor

I, too can receive, but not send, messages from Xfinity.  This situation started on 12/13/13, was rectified by two technicians who came to the house, and started again on Jan. 17, 2014.   The problem was not with my home computer because I could not send from my work computer, nor from the computers of other people.  I could not send on 1/17 and called an "analyst."  Then, suddenly, I could send that night.  The next day, 1/18, I could not send.  However, those test messages I sent to another of my email accounts on 1/18 appeared on the morning of 1/19.  Today, 1/19, I cannot send.  I use Chrome, but also have IE to use.  I opened IE and still could not send.  What is left to do?  FiOS is little better.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
From what we have seen, Chrome doesn't play well with XfinityConnect.
If using Internet Explorer Version 10 or Version 11:
Click on Tools on the browser toolbar, then click on Compatibility View and enable it.

Do you also use another email program at all?  If yes, which one and which version?
CC

Contributor

The same thing happened in the past with Internet Explorer and Firefox.  If Chrome worked for the past 9 months, why would it stop all of a sudden?  I have the latest IE at work, and still cannot use Xfinity to send a message.  My medical colleague's IT Manager has both Firefox and IE, and Xfinity still shows an error message when I try to send.

Contributor

Forgot to say...I also have a Yahoo account for which I pay, and an MSN account. Both are the latest versions, whose numbers I do not track.  I use them daily for topics other than health care.