Visitor

Changing "Reply-To" address for messages sent from Webmail

Is there any way to change the "reply-to" address that is included in messages sent from Comcast Webmail (I know you can change this if you are using a pop3 mail client)? Specifically, I want recipients return email (i.e., when they hit the "reply" button) to be directed to a different email address.

Thanks.
Most Valued Poster

Re: Changing "Reply-To" address for messages sent from Webmail

It doesn't seem as though it is possible to change the "Reply To" address for the Comcast Webmail page.

Bill

Actually, I believe you can. Go to webmail and click on "Mailbox Manager". Click on the button at the top that is labled "Add Pop Mailbox" and set your regular Comcast account there, making sure to use mail.comcast.net for the incoming mail server and your Comcast username and password. You will be able to put in any name and email address you want as the sender. That is the only way to do it in webmail.

Of course, in a real email program you can configure a "Reply-to" address that is different from the "Sender", but that is not possible in webmail.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Visitor

Does this apply to the latest version of web mail ?
Thanks in advance.
Email Expert
madylarian

bigjohn219 wrote:
Does this apply to the latest version of web mail ?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know.  I have not been migrated yet to Smart Zone, so I haven't seen it yet.

mady
Email Expert

Mady, does this mean you haven't bothered reading any of the threads where people have been posting their experiences with SmartZone?

The reports in those threads are that SmartZone always sends mail from the account you're logged into, not the account you select from the Mailbox Manager.
Email Expert
madylarian

Barmar wrote:
Mady, does this mean you haven't bothered reading any of the threads where people have been posting their experiences with SmartZone?

The reports in those threads are that SmartZone always sends mail from the account you're logged into, not the account you select from the Mailbox Manager.

Yes, I've read them; I've even bookmarked some that seem to have solutions to problems I will probably encounter.  But it's very hard to picture what most of them are talking about when I have no frame of reference.

mady