Contributor

Checking my E=mail!!! It won't let me in!!!!! This is a Nightmare!!!Shame on you!

I can't get to my email!!!! It won't let me in!!!24Hrs and counting!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!
Bronze Star Contributor

Re: Checking my E=mail!!! It won't let me in!!!!! This is a Nightmare!!!Shame on you!

Are you trying to log in via the web page, or do you use an email program to manage your account?
Service Expert
Bartleby

Re: Checking my E=mail!!! It won't let me in!!!!! This is a Nightmare!!!Shame on you!

(The OP's first ever forum post indicated issues with SmartZone.)
Bronze Star Contributor

That happened to me a while back.  Ironically I had gotten an email from Comcast that they suspected spamming from my computer.  Their email had landed in my junk file!  I called them and they had ne change the port number and check for authtication.  I send emails to 2 list that have about 65 people on them.  Hence, they thought they were spem but they were not.  The tech thought that the new port etc was more secure and advised me to use it.

Give them a call.  I have found them to be generally helpful
Frequent Visitor

Don't know if this will help, but: if you are using Safari (comme moi), you have to upgrade to Safari 3.0. There appears to be no way to specify "Safari Lite" (ie, older program) without first getting into your email - which of course you can't do without the upgrade! Comcast is certainly not winning many hearts and minds with this change ... or at least, not MY heart and mind!
Visitor

I discovered last night that I could not access my email either from Outlook.  So I tried the web.    Nope, account name/password not recognized.  I could log in to my wife's secondary account but not mine. I figured, perhaps a server issue.

Just tried again via the web.  Nope.  Called Comcast.  My primary email account was suspended.  According to Comcast only the enduser can do that.  Told them that I have not a clue how to suspend my primary account so it sure wasn't me!  They turned it back on but probably 150 emails bounced while it was off.
New Visitor

[ Edited ]
I haven't seen my emails for 11 days, just shows the loading screen & that is all.
Also I was using on line live help, I gave the guy all the info he asked for & then he blew me off completely.

Message Edited by tboc on 10-21-2008 05:32 PM
Service Expert
Bartleby

[ Edited ]
tboc,

What browser are you using?  If not IE and you can use it, try that.

Message Edited by Bartleby on 10-21-2008 07:13 PM
New Visitor

[ Edited ]
I'm on IE7pro using everything comcast supplies.

Message Edited by tboc on 10-21-2008 05:36 PM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Have you tried the direct link? www.smartzone.comcast.net

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I got this,

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
Visitor

I had issues trying to get into SmartZone. A SmartZone "loading" page would come up and just stop. In troubleshooting, I disabled all my IE7 add-ons, after which SmartZone started working. After a process of elimination, the problem was narrowed down to an "IE7Pro" add-on that I use. It was configured to block ad's, which SmartZone appears to be full of. Configuring IE7Pro to not filter SmartZone did the trick for me.
Service Expert
Bartleby

[ Edited ]
tboc,

Try clearing browser cache and cookies.  That resolves SmartZone page access 100% of the time for me, when I go out of my way to confuse my browser.  (IE7, as well.)

EDIT:  Excellent suggestion by Tangsoodo, as well.

Message Edited by Bartleby on 10-21-2008 07:50 PM
Contributor

Thank you, All of your responses were so nice. Again Thanks! But what is IA7 or whatever? I just started using my computer this past year, I had just got the old email down now I'm back to square a again...
Contributor

ME TOO!!!!!!
Contributor

I go from comcast.net, into Smart Zone, never to be seen again..I got in now what...Do I really have to Delete each and every piece of spam, one at a time?? This is terrible!
Contributor

Dito!!!! Thanks, they emailed me.
Contributor

DITO!~!!!
Email Expert
CCCarole

Janet304 wrote:
I go from comcast.net, into Smart Zone, never to be seen again..I got in now what...Do I really have to Delete each and every piece of spam, one at a time?? This is terrible!

Janet, Are you asking if you have to delete spam in the Spam Folder one at a time?  No -you don't- right click on the spam icon & click 'empty spam'.  OR are you talking about spam in your Smartzone Inbox?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor

I didn't know how to access SmartZone from my too-old Safari either, so in desperation I went to "Live Chat" with a Comcast Customer Service person named Lisabelle. After a few questions, she guided me through resetting Safari from the Safari toolbar menu. It must have worked, because suddenly her message screen vanished and when I then tried to go from Comcast sign in (on the homepage) to my email, voila! There was my email, and there was the Preferences box in which to choose Safari Lite. The only thing is, composing an email to send is a little slow, esp. deletions, but at least I have my email back!
Official Employee
charvey

Is there a reason why you can't/don't-want-to, update Safari?
Visitor

I am unable to access the smartzone.comcast.net from anywhere but my home computer. So far I'm unimpressed with the "seamless transition", as usual. The tutorial doesn't explain how the get there, only how to use it. I hve n control on the computers at work, only IT can change anything so if settings have to be modified, I'm out of luck. I can't drive home and check messages while I'm at the office!

I've tried clearing cookies and history, no effect at all. I called comcast suport and they acted like they had never heard of this problem before and said they would file a trouble report, but as usual, didn't seem too concerned with helping me connect.

Email Expert
JR071702

Spankys_Daddy wrote:

I am unable to access the smartzone.comcast.net from anywhere but my home computer. So far I'm unimpressed with the "seamless transition", as usual. The tutorial doesn't explain how the get there, only how to use it. I hve n control on the computers at work, only IT can change anything so if settings have to be modified, I'm out of luck. I can't drive home and check messages while I'm at the office!

I've tried clearing cookies and history, no effect at all. I called comcast suport and they acted like they had never heard of this problem before and said they would file a trouble report, but as usual, didn't seem too concerned with helping me connect.

Browser????

Error messages (if any)???

JR

Visitor

Browser IE7.0.5730...

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems

I've tried to go directly to smartzone.comcast.net and through the comcast.net and comcast.com pages... no luck.  no matter which way I attempt I get the same message above.

Official Employee
charvey

You mentioned clearing "history" before. Can you clear the cache "Temporary Internet Files" which is different to the history (at least in my experience).
Contributor

It happened again tonight! I was on Chat w/tech support 2 hrs last night to get in and 1 hr tonight!!!
Contributor

I click on comcast-sign in and it sends me to Support & Help instead of email, it took tech support on the chat line 2 hrs. last night and 1 hr tonight they took me in the back door I guess, they claim their working on something
Email Expert
CCCarole

I feel your frustration Janet- did you try the direct line?  I am guessing you have.  Can you please post which browser you are using & if you are using Smartzone regular or Smartzone Lite.  have you tried clearing your cache and cookies again?

Contributor

It's them not my computer, I have Vista, I've been chatting with tech. support for two nights now and a total of 2 hrs......
Email Expert
JR071702

Janet304 wrote:
I click on comcast-sign in and it sends me to Support & Help instead of email, it took tech support on the chat line 2 hrs. last night and 1 hr tonight they took me in the back door I guess, they claim their working on something

Janet,

Have you tried signing into SmartZone by going to http://smartzone.comcast.net  ????

JR

Contributor

I've been chatting with them for two nights and some 2 hrs worth, they disconnected me twice but I kept comming back til they got me to my email!
Contributor

What is IE7??? I am so confused right now
Email Expert
JR071702

Janet304 wrote:
What is IE7??? I am so confused right now

This is shorthand for Internet Explorer 7

JR

Contributor

Yes  I have lotz if spam in my email. If I click on more than one at a time they go to trash only so I have to delete one at a time
Service Expert
Bartleby

[ Edited ]

Janet, I gave an answer much like JR's above, regarding SmartZone access.  Maybe you didn't notice it, because you are hopping around in different discussions.

Here's a clickable link to my earlier response.  And while I'm at it, I'm hoping you'll take time to click the following link and read the information.  It's a long post but I think we'll all benefit from you reading it.

SmartZone Troubles?--Please read before posting.

(You are one of the posters that is hard to follow, because you post all over the place.)

EDIT:  CCCarole answered your spam question.  It's earlier in this thread...but you haven't noticed.  Just scroll up and look for her reply.

You are causing us extra effort to try to keep up with you.  Please take a minute, and some deep breaths.  Then have a look at the answers we've already been trying to provide.

Message Edited by Bartleby on 10-24-2008 08:34 PM
Contributor

They kept asking telling me to do that but not telling me how to do that....They preferred to hang up, I chatted with 4 dif. persons in the past two nights. Now they say their making it all better...Transition time and I am using Vista.
Contributor

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow night...
Email Expert
JR071702

Janet304 wrote:
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow night...

When replying to posts that aren't immediately above your reply, please use the quote button to quote the post that you are replying to (you can delete some of the extra quoted stuff if you want).

That way, it's easier for people to follow what you are saying.    For example, your post that I quoted above - you'll try what tomorrow night????

We are really trying to help you out the best we can, Janet.   I know that it's frustrating to spend any length of time on the phone with a support person (whatever company - I think they must send them to Customer Support person school to teach them how to frustrate us and tie us up for hours sometimes).   But with your postings all over the place and your replies like the above, you're making our job harder (and it's an unpaid labor of love for most of us here - all but the Comcast mods/admins).   And that means it may take us longer to help you fix your problems.

JR

Contributor

I've never done this before, sorry, I was just trying to reply to all that responded..I will go try the suggestion of going straight to www.smartzone.comcast.net
Email Expert
JR071702

Janet304 wrote:
I've never done this before, sorry, I was just trying to reply to all that responded..I will go try the suggestion of going straight to www.smartzone.comcast.net

No apology necessary...just trying to help you help us (sounds like a line from Jerry Maguire :smileyhappy:)

There is no www in that address - just http://smartzone.comcast.net

JR

Service Expert
Bartleby

[ Edited ]

JR, a helpful hint for threads like this, if Janet304 doesn't adapt to using quotes, as you so helpfully suggested.

Try the threaded view under preferences.  I find it a little clunky, but it's an option.

And Janet, we understand you are new here, that's why we are patiently trying to teach you how to operate more efficiently.  So we can too, as JR beat me to saying.

Thanks for noticing, and trying to do better.  I know I appreciate it, and sure others do, as well.  :smileylove:

Message Edited by Bartleby on 10-24-2008 09:05 PM
Contributor

Thank you Brozestar and Bartlet very much for your patience and help. I got the www. from up above.
Visitor

Spanky's_Daddy wrote that he is unable to access smartzone from anywhere but his home computer and receives the following message: "Browser IE7.0.5730... message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems" I have been experiencing the exact same problem and error message. I know the techs hate "me too" messages, but I thought it might be helpful for them to know that S Daddy's problem is not unique, and a solution to this problem is much needed. I am currently in Japan on business, and will be here for 3 months. I need access to my e-mail for work, so this is a very serious situation for me. I am not able to "run home" to check e-mail on my home computer, nor is it practical for me to call tech support long distance from Japan. Any advice would be appreciated.
Email Expert
JR071702

darcyv wrote:
Spanky's_Daddy wrote that he is unable to access smartzone from anywhere but his home computer and receives the following message: "Browser IE7.0.5730... message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems" I have been experiencing the exact same problem and error message. I know the techs hate "me too" messages, but I thought it might be helpful for them to know that S Daddy's problem is not unique, and a solution to this problem is much needed. I am currently in Japan on business, and will be here for 3 months. I need access to my e-mail for work, so this is a very serious situation for me. I am not able to "run home" to check e-mail on my home computer, nor is it practical for me to call tech support long distance from Japan. Any advice would be appreciated.

How are you trying to access SmartZone - via http://smartzone.comcast.net or by some other method?  Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?    Can you download and install Firefox and see if you are experiencing issues with that browser?

JR

Visitor

Hi JR,

Thank you for responding to my post. I have tried accessing smartzone via the Comcast home page e-mail log in, and also through http://smartzone.comcast.net. I have tried clearing my cache and cookies. Also I have tried disabling my anti-virus and pop up blocker software, and I have set my windows internet security settings to the minimum level. None of these seem to have had any effect. I will try downloading and using Firefox as you suggested, however I do not think that will be a likely solution, as I was having no problem logging on to smartzone with this computer (and IE) while I was at home. It has only been since I have been in Japan and connecting through my hotel's network that I am having this trouble. To answer the obvious question...I have stayed at this hotel (and many others in Japan) very frequently, and have never had any problems connecting or logging on to my e-mail, it is only since the switch to smartzone that this is occurring. Thank you once again for your efforts to help, this is frustrating as you can imagine.

Email Expert
JR071702

darcyv wrote:

Hi JR,

Thank you for responding to my post. I have tried accessing smartzone via the Comcast home page e-mail log in, and also through http://smartzone.comcast.net. I have tried clearing my cache and cookies. Also I have tried disabling my anti-virus and pop up blocker software, and I have set my windows internet security settings to the minimum level. None of these seem to have had any effect. I will try downloading and using Firefox as you suggested, however I do not think that will be a likely solution, as I was having no problem logging on to smartzone with this computer (and IE) while I was at home. It has only been since I have been in Japan and connecting through my hotel's network that I am having this trouble. To answer the obvious question...I have stayed at this hotel (and many others in Japan) very frequently, and have never had any problems connecting or logging on to my e-mail, it is only since the switch to smartzone that this is occurring. Thank you once again for your efforts to help, this is frustrating as you can imagine.

Hmmm...not sure what's going on.   It may definitely be a network issue with coming through the hotel's network in Japan that is unique to SmartZone.

JR