Closing an Email Account

How do I close my email account?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Closing an Email Account

[ Edited ]

gliknis wrote:

How do I close my email account?

Do you mean a Comcast email account? Is this a Secondary email account?  Can you explain why you would want to close an email account?  You cannot 'close' the Primary Email account associated with your Comcast account.  if you can provide more details, we can assist further.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I don't know why glikniswanted to close his email account, but I'm also interested in finding out how to close my 'comcast user name@comcast.net' email account. I never used it and thus never checked it. If tomorrow Comcast sends out some important customer notification to that email account, I will never see it. I'm happy to link my primary email account (it's a @yahoo.com) to my Comcast account just to make sure I can receive all necessary email communications from Comcast.

The bottomline is: I'd like to close all accounts I don't plan to use. Please assist.

Service Expert
Again

lwang wrote:

I don't know why glikniswanted to close his email account, but I'm also interested in finding out how to close my 'comcast user name@comcast.net' email account. I never used it and thus never checked it. If tomorrow Comcast sends out some important customer notification to that email account, I will never see it. I'm happy to link my primary email account (it's a @yahoo.com) to my Comcast account just to make sure I can receive all necessary email communications from Comcast.

The bottomline is: I'd like to close all accounts I don't plan to use. Please assist.

You're given a primary account name when you sign up for HSI.  This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to use it, but you can't delete it, either.  Well, you CAN, but you have to have a primary email account, so if you don't like the one you have you can create a secondary account and switch it to your primary.  You can forward any and all of your @comcast.net account emails to your yahoo.com account so that you don't have to ever log in to SmartZone or comcast webmail.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012

New Visitor

Again wrote:
You're given a primary account name when you sign up for HSI.  This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to use it, but you can't delete it, either.  Well, you CAN, but you have to have a primary email account, so if you don't like the one you have you can create a secondary account and switch it to your primary.  You can forward any and all of your @comcast.net account emails to your yahoo.com account so that you don't have to ever log in to SmartZone or comcast webmail.

Thanks, Again. That helps.

New Visitor
isaacleelawilso

This is a secondary account, we are having virus problems and like to close this account.

New Visitor
isaacleelawilso

It is a secondary account, having virus problems.

Email Expert
CCCarole

First, you might want to post your virus problem in the Security Forum for help by the Security Experts.

To delete a secondary account.  While signed in with the Primary Username and password... Click on My Account on the top right of this page.  You will be redirected into Customer Central. 

Once there, click on the Users & Settings tab.  A new window opens. You will see your Primary Username in the drop down box at the top of that page.  Click on the drop down and choose the Secondary account you wish to delete.

Under Account Settings-Below the drop downbox you will see the different options as blue links.  Choose Suspend/Dete account for the Secondary you wish to delete.

If you need further help, do post back.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Were you able to delete your secondary acct?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
SCLan

I closed my Comcast (tv and interenet service) accounts and paid my final bill 7 days ago.   My inernet service is now provided by another carrier.  A week later, email is still being accepted into my 4 comcast email addresses (1 primary and 3 secondary).

What actions do I need to take to close my email accounts with Comcast?

I would like emails to my Comcast account to be returned undeliverable so folks know that I have not received or read their message to me. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

I am notifying an Administrator of your issue.  Watch for a reply.  You can also call 1-800 comcast and explain what is happening.  Perhaps they can immediately delete your account for you.

You might also want to consider notifying your contacts of your new email address too.

Official Employee
cc_xc

Can you send me a private message with the email addresses that still seem to be active?  I can see why they are still active.  You can also try changing those email addresses to something else, then all emails to the old addresses will bounce.

To send  a private message, click on "cc_xc" then "send this user a private message".

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Service Expert
Queen-Evie
New Visitor

how does one remove old (dead) secondary account names from in box?

Email Expert
JR071702

reea wrote:

how does one remove old (dead) secondary account names from in box?

Remove the entries from the EMail Manager page (under Preferences) on the Primary logon.

JR

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by monavie-teameas removed and sent to a secure area of the forum out of public view because it contains personal information. Even though the Comcast email will be closed the yahoo account will be active.

Forum Guidelines state (clickable link) which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please Don't

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Other personally identifiable information

Here is your post with the email addresses removed

Hello,

I want to close my xxx@comcast.net email but first, I need to send an alert to anyone with my address to change it to xxx@yahoo.com, and then, close it.

Can you do this for me?

Thank you,

Heidi

Comcast will not send out the notifications. You have to do that.

New Visitor
New Visitor
T_K

I too closed my Comcast account and would like my email account closed. Can you please reply to this and I will send you a private message with my email address so you can help me?

New Visitor

We no longer have Comcast for our phone or internet service.  We still do have Xfinity for tv.  We would like to close the primary account but don't know how. 

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

If you canceled your internet service with Comcast, the email address should just stop working.  Upon account closure the address is supposed to be suspended for 90 days, and then the user ID goes into a pool of available IDs for any other Comcast customer that want's to use it.  If that didn't happen with you call Comcast and ask what is going on with it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.