New Visitor

Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded

I received an email from Comast today saying "Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded"

I know the limit is 1000 emails a day, but I've only sent fewer than 20.  

Anyone else having this problem?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Comcast Email Sending Limit Exceeded

This sounds as though you may have picked up a virus or bot.  Immediately run a full virus scan of your PC.

Also change your passwpord and secret question immediately to be safe.

A strong password consists of upper and lower case letters, some numbers, and some characters.  Never use the same password on multiple sites.

Here is more information about the Email limits too:

Providing a secure Internet experience for all of our customers

In an effort to help prevent spam and ensure the security of our network and customers, we’ve put the following sending limits in place for our residential High-Speed Internet customers:

• An email message can be sent to a maximum of 100 recipients. Any messages sent to over 100 recipients will not be delivered.
  • XFINITY customers can email up to 1,000 recipients per day. If an account exceeds the 1,000 recipient limit, the account will not be able to send for the remainder of the day.
  • The maximum size of an email cannot exceed 25MB; this includes attachments, headers, text, formatting, etc.

Blocked file extensions

To avoid any issues, we recommend keeping email attachments under 10MB total. The following email attachment types are not allowed:

• .vbs
  • .pif
  • .scr
  • .bat
  • .com
  • .cmd
  • .msi
  • .reg

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.