Bronze Star Contributor

Comcast Online Communications going to wrong Address?

Comcast Online Communications

Why is comcast sending this to my secondary e-mail address that I set up for my Mom..lol

I have never yet used this address and neither has she. So, today I checked, out of curiosity just to make sure it wasn't being spammed. I got two notices from back in MAY 2004...lol One was a very very very important e-mail. The other claiming how great the new FAQ and live support are. :smileyplain:

yes, I checked the account options and yes, it is set up properly.

Bill
Most Valued Poster

Re: Comcast Online Communications going to wrong Address?

I recently set up a new address and got one of the Q&A ones too. The other one, I got not too long ago.

Naddie
Bronze Star Contributor

While looking through the settings I see a few more goofy problems. Like Personal webpages are active for the secondary account. I clicked on Yes to go disable it, it says disabled already..lol

I tried to change ownership of the secondary account. No luck. Says I own the account but has her name and password. I never looked in here before because I have my own reliable account elsewhere but this is buggy and needs to be fixed.

Bill
Most Valued Poster

I assume that you have access to that account through the master account settings. Do you have the password for that account? If you did not set it up so that you can access it through the Master account page, you are SOL.

Naddie
Bronze Star Contributor

Oh yes I do. I just set up a mail account for my mother who had a friend going off to Iraq. She asked me for a mail account to keep in touch with the person. She knows MS office thats about it..lol Never even surfed the internet before. I set up the account, I have all the info. Her company uses an old 33k dial up service for private/secure mail only..lol

Bill
Email Expert
madylarian

I have a number of email accounts and I also found that a lot of the functions were kind of buggy to try and use or change, even from the primary account. Trying to change the permissions and ownership from the primary account, I sometimes had to go through the same steps 5-10 times before they worked. Yes, it's very buggy.

And yes, I get those Comcast Online emails on some accounts but not others, even though the email permissions are the same on all accounts.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bronze Star Contributor

Well today I got the E-mail Size increase notification in the proper mail account. Don't know what happened but it worked today..heh
Email Expert
madylarian

:smileyhappy: And today I got it for the first time....in my least used account. I think they need to feed the hamsters.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bronze Star Contributor

LMAO I just got the E-mail update notice for the third time.

Once in my Primary account and twice in my secondary account.

Comcast, whatever your smoking over there please share :smileywink:

Bill