New Visitor

Comcast Warning Message

When I compose an Email message that also contains pictures or animations within the body of the Email I get the following warning message after I click on Send.
WARNING "An internal error has occurred when trying to read your inline image. The rest of the Email message was sent." The receiving party gets the boxes with the little red X's instead of the pics or animations. How can I correct this problem? Thanks, Paul
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Re: Comcast Warning Message

What e-mail program are you using?

Naddie D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
New Visitor

Comcast Email.
New Visitor

Here's a copy of the warn message.

Warning
An internal error occurred when trying to read your inline image. The rest of the Email message was sent.

© 2004 Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Statement Terms of Service Contact Comcast

Help

Warning
An internal error occurred when trying to read your inline image. The rest of the Email message was sent.

© 2004 Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Statement Terms of Service Contact Comcast
Message was edited by: Anon1211819
Most Valued Poster

Paul,

I tried, but I cannot duplicate the problem you are seeing.

When adding the image to the email, are you using the "Add Photo" icon?

Try sending a similar message to yourself. What do you see?

Bill

BILL 260
I have not used add photo. I have sent the Emails to my self and get the boxes with red x's. I receive Emails with animations and/or photos imbedded as part of the Email message. When I compose an Email to send the received Email to someone else. I use the copy/paste or the highlight/drag method to create such an Email message. When I send that new message thats when I get the warning message.
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster
Me

That can be a problem...try selecting the image...save to a local folder then do an "insert"....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...
Most Valued Poster

Or just use the FORWARD icon to bring up a duplicate message of the one received. Then you can edit it, and send it out as new.

BTW...I tried sending a message using the DRAG & DROP method you described, and still cannot duplicate what you are seeing.
Message was edited by: Bill260

ME
No luck with the save and "insert" method. Same results as above.
Paul
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

> ME
> No luck with the save and "insert" method. Same
> me results as above.
> Paul

Ok Paul, see it this is checked in the Advanced Tab in Internet options under tools on the tool bar of IE.
Under multi media, Make sure the last two boxes are checked. Reboot and try again.

Naddie D
New Visitor

BILL 260
Just to clarify I assume there were pics or animations within the text of the Message you sent out by the drag and drop method. I get the same results when I forward; I just never use that method because I don't like to forward all those address' and I don't know how to edit to get rid of them. In the catalog of Comcast Warning Messages, alerts and such, what "internal errors" cause this message to be generated?
Paul
New Visitor

Naddie
On theIE tool bar, Internet Options,Advanced Tab, Multimedia; all boxes were checked in multimedia except "Show image download placeholder."
Paul
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Ok do you have Comcast Mail restricted just a little. Man I am grasping at straws now.

Naddie D
New Visitor

NADDIE D
I don't believe that I have any restrictions other then what the defaults are. Looking under my email options I see "HTML" is set for "Display HTML in body of email" and "COMPOSE FORMAT" is set for "Compose using HTML formatting." I believe these are about the only two options the would affect the sending process. I was able to send emails at one time without any trouble. I'm not sure but it seems that I started having problems when SP2 appeared in my computer after sending it to the manfacturer for warranty repair,in Nov 04. Just like yesterday I downloaded the most recent MS critical windows updates, After downloading and installing I noticed my Norton Personal Firewall "Intrusion Detection" was turned off. When I try to turn it on I get an error message. But thats another story.
Paul
I also looked at all the internet options and there isn't anything there that looks overly restrictive to me anyway.
Message was edited by: Anon1211819
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Go in to SP#2 and peek a bit, bet you will find the root of your problem.

Naddie D
New Visitor

NADDIE D
I just received some more email, one of which had some animations imbedded within the email text. I tried the FORWARD method one more time and sent a copy to my sent mail box. It went out OK. No warning message and I was able to retrieve it from the sent mail OK. I'll use this method while I look further into why the other two methods don't work. Can you tell me how to edit out all those other email address's before I forward it on?
Thanks Paul
I'm going to start looking at SP2. Let you know if I find anything.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

Just high light it with your mouse and hit delete. After you hit forward.

Naddie D
New Visitor

NADDIE D
I was so locked in on right clicking the the mouse I completly for got the DELETE key. Thanks for everyones help
Paul
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

:smileywink::smileywink::smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

Naddie D