Contributor
GeorgiaPat

Comcast/Xfinity doesn't recognize my new email address

I made the mistake of making the transition on Friday from my old phone/Internet provider to the Comcast Triple Play with wireless Internet.  I work a lot from my home office, and also host a number of online forums, and my e-mail with both the old and new providers is disabled. I created a new comcast e-mail address before the switch, and when I  login at Xfinity, it recognizes it as my user name and password, but when I try to open e-mail,  I get an error message, "Sorry, we are unable to load your email and voicemail. Try refreshing your browser in a few minutes."

Since my previous primary e-mail address has been disabled, and the new one is not working, I cannot even send a blanket message to people in my Outlook Express address book to let them know not to send anything to either address.  I can't set up BlackBerry with the new address, because it's not recognized by Comcast.  However, it has disabled BellSouth.net.  I am not getting anyting to my BlackBerry now.  Any advice (besides suicide)?

Contributor
GeorgiaPat

Re: Comcast/Xfinity doesn't recognize my new email address

Update:  After spending about 30 minutes on chat with a customer service rep, the suggestion was to scrap my account and start over.  Apparently, that happens on Comcast's end, and the rep said that it would take about three hours to complete.  It's been 4 hours, and still no recognition that my new comcast.net address even exisits.  Do all new Comcast Internet/Phone customers go through this in establishing new services? I've rarely had a complaint about Comcast cable TV, and I am a long time subscriber. 

Service Expert
Again

I realize this doesn't solve your current issue, but rather than fussing around, trying to get this to work, if you create an email account with Hotmail, Yahoo mail, or Gmail, you won't have to worry with stuff like this.  I don't know about Yahoo Mail, but Outlook will work with Hotmail and Gmail.

Did you try logging in to your email from the webpage portal?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Recognized Contributor
woody58

Rocket Mail does work with Zimbra Desk Top 7.1.2 I belive Yahoo would be the same thing.

Service Expert
Again

woody58 wrote:

Rocket Mail does work with Zimbra Desk Top 7.1.2 I belive Yahoo would be the same thing.

Yahoo mail, paid and free, will work with Zimbra since Yahoo was the one that developed Zimbra initially.  VMware bought Zimbra from Yahoo.  Just an FYI.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Contributor
GeorgiaPat

I appreciate the concern.  Actually, I probably have 20 different e-mail addresses, most with my own domain for business (I'm a real estate agent) and  non-profit volunteer groups, but also hotmail and Yahoo for other purposes.  They all forward to my primary e-mail address so that I can read and respond from Outlook Express and BlackBerry. 

The good news is that the technician who came yesterday (Michael), and the customer service rep we communicated with while he was here (Rosy), were the "A" Team.  The customer service rep activated my e-mail address in five minutes.  The tech completed the installation that was incomplete on Friday, and he also gave me an customer information package!  

I'm now able to receive on BlackBerry, which is a big plus.  The laser fax machine has a dial tone, but outgoing faxes are not going through (I use a fax-to-email for incoming).  Also, I can't send or reply from Outlook Express, apparently  because of a server conflict.  I hope that this will be something that can be resolved by AT&T in a day or two, and I'll be back in business.  

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Did you change Outlook Express to work with the Comcast mail servers?

You can change the servers from AT&T to Comcast.

Follow the directions here Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail - setup

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.