Contributor
Accepted Solution

Deleting Email Folders on MAC

How can I delete unwanted email folders on my imac.  They do not drag to trash
Mac Expert
Joel

Re: Deleting Email Folders on MAC

If you're talking about the Mac Mail program, right-click>>Delete Mailbox.
Contributor

I want to delete a COMCAST Email folder on my imac.  right mouse and delete or drag to trash does not work.
Email Expert
CCCarole

no-answer wrote:
I want to delete a COMCAST Email folder on my imac.  right mouse and delete or drag to trash does not work.

Do you mean a Smartzone Folder that you created?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

yes, in a smartzone  email folder in Comcast mail that I created on an IMAC.  Can't drag to trash, nor delete with the right mouse/delete.
Networking Expert
Baric

In SmartZone, if you right click a folder you created, you get a menu and you simply select Delete.  The folder is moved into the Trash and if you empty the Trash, the folder disappears.  

If you are using SmartZone Lite, select the folder in question and click on the edit link to the left of the top level Folder, check Delete this folder (move to trash) and press the Delete button.

Contributor

THIS DOES NOT WORK....Right Click does not get a menu.  I can get a red rectangular box around the folder and I can drag it within the SmartZone page, but not to trash in SmartZone nor trash in the MAC Dock.  

My Comcast mail is automatically sent to my MAC mail inbox (while also remaining in and retrievable from my Comcast SmartZone eMail.  Comcast help desk could not help me.  The rep was clueless, but did say that sending mail to my Mac mail was not a cause of this inability to delete folders.   

Email Expert
CCCarole

no-answer wrote:

THIS DOES NOT WORK....Right Click does not get a menu.  I can get a red rectangular box around the folder and I can drag it within the SmartZone page, but not to trash in SmartZone nor trash in the MAC Dock.  

My Comcast mail is automatically sent to my MAC mail inbox (while also remaining in and retrievable from my Comcast SmartZone eMail.  Comcast help desk could not help me.  The rep was clueless, but did say that sending mail to my Mac mail was not a cause of this inability to delete folders.   

Are you using Smartzone REGULAR or Lite? If you are not sure which one you are using... Look at your address bar, if there a letter 'h' after the word 'zimbra', you are using Lite. If you are using Lite, please review the directions Baric posted above. 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I am not using Lite
Email Expert
JR071702

no-answer wrote:

Have you tried Ctrl+Click?  I seem to recall other Mac users being told to use that instead of right-click.

JR

Contributor

JR

You did it!! Ctrl+Click is the solution.  Gives a delete option

Thx 

Email Expert
JR071702

no-answer wrote:

JR

You did it!! Ctrl+Click is the solution.  Gives a delete option

Thx 

Cool...not bad for a PC person, eh :smileywink:

JR

Networking Expert
Baric

[ Edited ]
Ctrl-Click IS a right click for folks who do not have a right mouse button.  Does your mouse have a right mouse button?  If so, it's setup improperly, or perhaps it's setup as a left handed mouse, in which case it would be a left click.  I'm using a Mac and it works fine here.
Message Edited by Baric on 09-27-2009 07:43 PM
Mac Expert
Joel

Sounds like the OP has an Apple mouse that is not configured properly. In System Preferences>>Keyboard and Mouse, ensure that the right side of your mouse is set as a Right-click or secondary click (I forget the wording).