New Visitor
fishtales

Delivery Status

I typed in a wrong email address and i keep getting the message: Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 49.7 hours.    OK I got it! I typed the wrong address how do i get it to stop trying to send this message.

Silver Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: Delivery Status

fishtales wrote: I typed in a wrong email address and i keep getting the message: Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 49.7 hours.    OK I got it! I typed the wrong address how do i get it to stop trying to send this message.

There is no way to tell the server to give up, or to stop sending you these notices. The messages will stop when the server reaches its max time interval for delivery attempts, which can be as much as 5 days.

Bronze Problem Solver

BruceW wrote:

fishtales wrote: I typed in a wrong email address and i keep getting the message: Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 49.7 hours.    OK I got it! I typed the wrong address how do i get it to stop trying to send this message.

There is no way to tell the server to give up, or to stop sending you these notices. The messages will stop when the server reaches its max time interval for delivery attempts, which can be as much as 5 days.

The Comcast retry period is 3 days. The next DSN he gets should be the one that says "I give up".

New Visitor
fishtales

THANKS!