Reply
Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-02-2009

Delivery aborted

My Smartzone account has recently started giving the following message;

 

      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

  * houston@esd-simulation.com

There's no other information. The website is valid and alive, and the recipient name is apparently correct. I've tried another name at this organization; that generates the same message.

What's going on?

Email Expert
JR071702
Posts: 6,888
Registered: ‎03-10-2004

Re: Delivery aborted


gdgimson wrote:

My Smartzone account has recently started giving the following message;

 

      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

  * houston@esd-simulation.com

 

 

There's no other information. The website is valid and alive, and the recipient name is apparently correct. I've tried another name at this organization; that generates the same message.

 

What's going on?


Sounds like you are blocked from sending to those addresses.

JR

Bronze Problem Solver
Posts: 3,113
Registered: ‎05-12-2006

Re: Delivery aborted


gdgimson wrote:

My Smartzone account has recently started giving the following message;

 

      This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

  * houston@esd-simulation.com

 

 

There's no other information. The website is valid and alive, and the recipient name is apparently correct. I've tried another name at this organization; that generates the same message.

 

What's going on?


If you look inside the attatchment that comes with that notice you'll see a little more info, like:

 

Final-recipient: rfc822; alsdkjfasdkjfskdljfhskldjfhskdjfh@esd-simulation.com

Action: failed

Status: 5.1.1

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Access denied

 

Comcast doesn't provide the best of info as to exactly what went wrong and my first guess was that the Comcast server itself was blocked. But further testing indicates that they're blocking all @comcast.com sender addresses. When connecting to their server from outside of Comcast I get:

 

mail from:<me@comcast.net>
550 5.7.1 <
me@comcast.net>... Access denied

 

I guess they've had some spam problem that involves Comcast and that's their way of handling it.