New Visitor
asifrao

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

It is so pathetic that this multi-Billion dollar company Comcast can not even provide a good email service. I feel like I am in late 80s when email was a new thing,  but these days if your email service has bugs then the email service provider is incompetent and that's what comcast is. Shame on you for charging $60 a month for broadband service and this crappy email service.

It happened to me twice this week that I sent out email to a valid address, valid address cause email comes from same address fine and email sent to same address fine using other email service provider.

But with comcast I get following error email from

:

"Mail Delivery System" mailer-daemon@comcast.net 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

No other information..

If it was not for me using comcast for 10 years, i would have dumped it right now..

For God sake, fix this crappy xfinity email service...

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

asifrao wrote: ... No other information.. ...

Try right-clicking the bounce message and selecting View Source. There should be some additional information. Here's an example:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------I305M09060309060P_665013175389170
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

* aklsdjfklsjdlsfjsdjfasd@aol.com

--------------I305M09060309060P_665013175389170
Content-Type: message/delivery-status; charset=UTF-8;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Reporting-MTA: dns; qmta07.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net [76.96.62.64]
Received-From-MTA: dns; omta22.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net [76.96.62.73]
Arrival-Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 07:01:57 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; aklsdjfklsjdlsfjsdjfasd@aol.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <aklsdjfklsjdlsfjsdjfasd@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com
Last-attempt-Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 07:01:57 +0000

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

BruceW wrote:
As an example ...
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <aklsdjfklsjdlsfjsdjfasd@aol.com>: Recipient address rejected: aol.com

Aborted deliveries usually have a reason. That's what Bruce is asking you to look for.

It may be that the target mailbox is full. Or the address only sends and does not receive email.

Contributor

I am having the same problem. I received the following bounceback under the heading "Delivery Status Notification":

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):

[followed by the e-mail address of the intended recipient]

When I right-click on this message and click View Source, I get only the following:

<

styletype='text/css'>.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }</style>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 1 second(s):<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;* [RECIPIENT'S E-MAIL ADDRESS] <br><br><br>

I forwarded my e-mail to a non-Comcast e-mail address, then from there to the intended recipient, and that way it got through. So I know the recipient's e-mail box isn't full. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Linda0214 wrote: ... When I right-click on this message and click View Source, I get only the following ...

Please check the source again, carefully. You're looking for the lines that follow the one that begins with "Content-Type: message/delivery-status". It should follow the lines that you posted. Or post the entire source here, editing any email addresses from "user@isp.com" to "xxxx@isp.com" and removing any other personal information.

Contributor

I've seen those messages with other bounceback, but there's absolutely nothing here beyond what I've already posted. Really weird.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Linda0214 wrote: I've seen those messages with other bounceback, but there's absolutely nothing here beyond what I've already posted. Really weird.

Also odd that the DSN contains HTML tags. Any chance this is a forward of the bounce message, and not the original? Again, if we could see the entire message we might be able to tell you more.

Contributor

Unfortunately, what I pasted above is the entire message.

For what it's worth, I also tried opening the attachment to the bounceback e-mail (which is titled to look like it's my e-mail that bounced back). The attachment is completely blank except for the header with the To, From, and Subject lines. When I right-click on that blank field and click on View Source, here's all I get:

<

styletype='text/css'>.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }</style><br>

Not exactly a big help!

Contributor

Well, I'm feeling foolish!

I've heard back from the intended recipient via another e-mail address I have, and I made a typo in the e-mail address I sent from Comcast.

Thank you for your patience with me, Bruce!

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Linda0214 wrote: ...Thank you for your patience with me, Bruce!

No problem -- glad you solved it!

New Visitor
hater123

You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately I am still using comcast and get a slew of emails that won't go with the error:  Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):        Comcast Sucks

Contributor
clanhoulihan

Having the same issue.  Comcast is telling me this is an Outlook configuration problem...

New Visitor

I'm getting the same message in mt e-mail, thought simeone had my password and was sending messages  from my account so I changed it and still getting these messsages.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Anon1104637 wrote: I'm getting the same message in mt e-mail, thought simeone had my password and was sending messages  from my account so I changed it and still getting these messsages.

Please post the complete error message, taking care to remove any personal information first. In particular, if the message contains an email address, please be sure to remove the userID portion of that address (ex: edit "bobsmith@example.net" so it reads "********@example.net").

Contributor
clanhoulihan

see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Delivery-to-the-following-recipients-wa...

i have not resolved the problem yet, but know now it is not on my end...

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

clanhoulihan wrote: see http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Delivery-to-the-following-recipients-wa...

i have not resolved the problem yet, but know now it is not on my end...

The answer was posted in that thread. The recipient's ISP appears to be rejecting your message as spam. You need to follow the instructions at https://support.mcafeesaas.com/MCAFEE/_cs/AnswerDetail.aspx?aid=155