New Visitor
devin7h
Accepted Solution

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

[ Edited ]

I can't send email to one specific domain...it gives me this error message.  Help please!

Action: failed

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Please click on "Options" in your post, then Edit,  and redact the user ID in those email addresses.  These are public forums and spammers can see them.  Fill them in with xxxxxxx or something.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
devin7h

[ Edited ]

Okay, I've stripped out everything but the error.  This is a fun way to get support!

Bronze Problem Solver

devin7h wrote:

I can't send email to one specific domain...it gives me this error message.  Help please!

Action: failed

This is an odd one. (trying from several different places) Sometimes the server for @cambridgeexecutiveservices.com accepts that address, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it responds with

550 No Such User Here"

which doesn't match the error message above. Which suggests that that message was refused at a later stage in the SMTP transaction than when the recipient address is submitted; you can't tell exactly what went on from the info Comcast provides, but the 5.1.1 Status code indicates that things went wrong after the point where the sender adress is submitted, which is the first bit in the SMTP chit-chat. When I first tried yesterday that trailing quote wasn't part of the error message, which suggests that they might be mucking about with things.

That's probably more than you wanted to know. ;-) But the bottom line is that there are problems at the recipient end.

New Visitor
brandth

I hit reply all in Outlook for Mac 2011, 35 recipients. I get the message 5.1.1 not our customer. If there is a problem with one email address, does not prevent all from receiving it? thank you

Email Expert
CCCarole

With Outlook the others should go through.  Did you get in tocuh with anyone to see if they got your email???

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
tmveliotis

I know i"m a little late to this.. but.. did you check what youre reply-to address is? Are you sending with a different name or reply to address? That *could* also cause a rejection.