Contributor
mydvrisbetter
Accepted Solution

Direct login into xfinity email?

[ Edited ]

Is there some URL or other means to directly login into my xfinity email without going through the national inquirer like ads and the moronic inbox preview. Given how slow the comcast website is I shouldn't have to go through multiple webpages to get to my email.

Thanks in advance.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Direct login into xfinity email?

No. You are always directed to the Preview window. If you don't want to see ads, opt out of them. http://xfinity.comcast.net/adinformation/ 

You certainly don't have to use XfinityConnect for email either.  Choose one of the free email programs and install it instead.  (GMail, Windows Live Mail,etc.)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert

Contributor
mydvrisbetter

Barmar's URL for logging in driectly into email doesn't fully work for me yet, probably because of my unusual setup. It does help a lot by letting me get into email fairly quickly using two bookmarks. Thanks Barmar and CCCarole!

Email Expert
Latoque

Along with what the others have said, you also have the option of using any of the available email client programs like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  That way you don't even have to look at the Preview page or any of the rest of it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
rnmoses

The URL listed in reply to login difficulties sent me fright into the Xfinity bloatware preview page and not my email. Does any one check this? Hmmm.

Contributor
mydvrisbetter

[ Edited ]

The link works great for me. Once I log in with the keep me logged in flag set cookies are set in my browser so that when I click on the link I go straight to my email without having to log in, even after shutting down my browser and/or computer.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Thank you  Barmar,

Finally a working direct link to email..    :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

By right clicking on that link and selecting Add to my favorites,  and a bit of name tweaking, the link is right where I want it on my Favorites bar of IE.

TY TY TY, ciao, bj

Contributor
rnmoses

Clarification: once upon a time I had an older version of Firefox somewhere between 7 and 13.00001 and I was able to bookmark almost directly to email via the xfintiy email home page. Since that time Firefox updated and xfinity changed produres. Now no matter how I bookmark it after going through option's for hours , changing all settings, deleting, resaving multiple times I am sent through xfinity's home page content/adverisements and Sign in no matter how I configure Firefox. It is clear there is something else going on here. WHAT IS IT? WHO IS IT? So Mozilla and Xfinity agree to disagree. With all the people spending all their time on these  processes it seems criminal that I should spend  so much time on such a simple request. Several months later the problem persists. I'm tired angry and I'm not going to take it anymore. Play ubuntu looking for server that will allow me to take control of my destiny.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Hi rnmoses,

It took me a while, but I did get the link supplied by Barmar to work every time that I opened my browser..

I have not seen that homepage since..

The key I found was to be signed on to these forums, with "remember me", Right click on Barmar's link, save it to ADD TO FAVORITES, and close the browser..

To check, open browser, in my case IE8, click on Favorites, it should take you to Email..

Trying to bookmark the link from the address bar, only messes up your "remember me" login

and forces you to the home page, and completely knocks you out of login and "remember me". 

Have I confused you more? Hope not.. :smileywink:

ciao, bj

New Visitor
karj

Thank you for the link!  it works exactly as it should!

New Visitor
karj

Change that...once I logged out and tried to log in again it took me back to the home page.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I followed the directions in RED and the weird thing is, when I click on it, it now brings me right back here!!!

Email Expert

Yeah, my link only works if you're already logged in.

What instructions in red?

Contributor
rnmoses

Thank you. Unfortunately the problem is more pernicious than a link. The problem only exists in mty preferred browser Firefox which I use because of the ease of bookmarks. I used to be able to bookmark into xfinity email preview box ( not great but acceptable ) Now after playing with cookies, history and all options in Firefox explored including all settings in privacy , security, history set all ways, I still can't bookmark into preview page any more .This happened after both xfinity changed protocol in spring and Firefox updated to 13.01 so I am not sure who screwed me. Neither Firefox or xfinity can agree who did it. I don't care. I tried to use google to enter your string, but apparently the string needs to be in Comcasts bar. I supspect this will change Firefox homepage which I don't wish to do, Do you have more detailed instructions as I must be stupid ( after all I'm still with Comast ) Thanks again This has been a bad three months to deal with email.

Contributor
rnmoses

Blue jay thank you unfortunately I don't believe bill and his black box sourcecode are in this country's best interest so i Use Firefox and exploring ubuntu. This chews up too much time. Today I've spent 30 minutes following this blog format and trying different suggestions including string[ htps://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts+340e1e3f&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwnamp.mail.comcast%2fi...] My IE Works as Firefox did before 13.01 dumping me into preview.Well after reading the blogs about how Xfinfity changed format in spring and having similar problems with them and Firefox resloved as I recall by finally reloading Firefox. Am I really the only person on comcast using Firefox? No just the dumbest. 

New Visitor
BruceSF

Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that it is next to impossible to login directly to one's inbox?  And the response from Comcast seems to be "use another email client."  For all it's service and speed problems, AT&T allowed me to login directly.  Is this an insurmountable programming task?  

Email Expert

Nope, doesn't strike me as strange at all. Comcast makes lots of money from ads, so they want to force you to go to the home page because it has more ads.

If it annoys some customers, it's not a big deal. Most won't cancel their service over this, and even if some do they almost certainly make up for them with the ad revenue.

Contributor

Hi Barmar -

With the recent Comcast changes, I'm finding that the "direct" link that you posted earlier no longer reliably works. It actually still takes me to my Inbox, but most of the time, the "folders" don't appear on the left side.

It looks like the final destination is now "web.mail.comcast.net" instead of "smartzone.mail.comcast.net". I tried tweaking the URL, but couldn't find a combination that worked as before. Have you been able to come up with a new URL?

Thanks.

Contributor
rnmoses

Barmar,

Thankyou. how can I bookmark that string into firefox 14.01?

Frequent Visitor

How about you computer xperts just set it up so we can use our comcast email nice and easy without looking at a thousand xfinity ads. After all comcast did just that when they bought out someone, now its your turn!

New Visitor
Heb632

posted URL worked perfectly for me. Thanks

New Visitor
kimj252

I accessed my email thru firefox instead of Internet Explorer and now my inbox is accessible.... Yeah!

Security Expert
CajunTek

alwieland wrote:

How about you computer xperts just set it up so we can use our comcast email nice and easy without looking at a thousand xfinity ads. After all comcast did just that when they bought out someone, now its your turn!

Be civil please. We experts are customers just like you. We have no access to change / or remove advertisements. Also note I have another ISP (ATT) there are ads on their pages as well. Don't like ads? Don't surf the net.

TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor
Spaceguy85

Folks, I came here looking to see if I could have a URL that I could go directly into the email (Similar to OWA client)  I am replying particuarly to the last poster, as, it seems that it was a bit rude, even though, I am sure the intent was good.  In any case, how do we request a fix for this issue?  I too would prefer to just go in and check my email.  I also do not think it makes good business sense to tell customers to just get a different email product.  I, personally would think that a more pro active response would have been to explain why it is the way that it is, and, to possibly direct the customer to where they could create a ticket to perhaps let the programmers know that this might be something that would be needed. As an IT engineer, with over 30 years of programming experience, I know that this could be fixed.  The real question would be, if the corporate folks think that it is worth the resources to fix the issue.  I would hope that Comcast / Xfinity does care about their customer base, and that there would be a way to proactively suggest fixes of this nature.  Until they can fix this, I found that they do have a way to configure Outlook 2010 to use their mail servers.  I will look into that one further.  Thanks to all of the posters for all of the attempts at rectifying this issue.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Spaceguy, the above mentioned link and method of utilizing it to directly access the email a/c has worked for me for almost 2 yrs now.
ciao, bj
New Visitor
Spaceguy85

Thank you for your reply, and, I am glad that it works for you.  If I have logged into the comcast page, it works, but, if I am not logged in, it does not.  Last night, I configured outlook to work with comcast mail, and all is fine. 

Contributor
noodlebg

Re: Direct login into xfinity email?/link given

Browsing through all the posts about logging into comcast email, I came across this link:

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=wnamp&ts=340e1e3f&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwnamp.mail.comcast.net%2Fi...

This was posted on 5 May by Barmar, and it takes me directly to my inbox.

Problem being, there is no other way to use the link except if I come onto this forum, and click it from here.

I've tried saving the site to my "favorites", tried it from there but it won't work, also can't create a shortcut from within the email program either.

Dose anyone have any idea how I can have access to that link without having to come on here?

Thanx