New Visitor
GVG21

Domain Name ?

Had to re-set up my comcast email on my  replacement Droid phone. I need the comcast email server domain name that you have to plug in to the phone.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Domain Name ?

GVG21 wrote:

Had to re-set up my comcast email on my  replacement Droid phone. I need the comcast email server domain name that you have to plug in to the phone.

Doo you mean:  mail.comcast.net ( Pop3) and smtp.comcast.net for smtp outgoing server?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Yes, thats pretty much it

Incoming server mail.comcast.net   Port is  110

Outgoing server is smtp.comcast.net  Port is 587

On both servers, I left use secure connection and Verify Certificate UN-Checked but your needs may vary so you can play with them to see what suits you.

Other settings  I have "never delete messages"

New Visitor
lkhawks

what is the domaine name for comcast mail

Email Expert
madylarian

lkhawks wrote:

what is the domaine name for comcast mail

See posts above.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
edcos21

I just purchased a surface and it asks me for a comcast domain. How to I find this answer?

New Visitor

I am trying to set up outgoing e-mail capabilities for a samsung printer that will scan to e-mail.

The process calls for a comcast domain name.  help please

Email Expert
Latoque

edcos21 wrote:

I just purchased a surface and it asks me for a comcast domain. How to I find this answer?

mail.comcast.net ( Pop3) and smtp.comcast.net for smtp outgoing server

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor

Domain name & server address

What is comcast domain name and server address for Naples fl, 34112? Thank you
Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Domain name & server address

Look at my post #8 right above yours.  It's the same no matter where you are.  Which email client are you trying to configure?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.