New Visitor
cwarnn

E-mail account suddenly not working correctly

Suddenly one of my email accounts from my iphone keeps saying incorrect name or password even though I never changed it. I reset my password and it still does this when trying to send a message. I get a message saying "user name or password for null is incorrect". How do I fix this. I tried hard rebooting my phone. I am able to get into the account directly through Xfinity mail.

Thanks

Contributor
Greg168008

Re: E-mail account suddenly not working correctly

I'm having this exact same problem.   I, too, have not changed anything but can now no longer access my secondary email account since Jan 22.  I've tried from emails clients (phone, tablet) and from Xfinity directly - neither method work and report the same error - a read timeout.

Please help, Comcast.

New Visitor
celli

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem, except that one account works, and the other one does not on 2 of my mobile devices (started yesterday). Help Comcast!

New Visitor
Missnicegirl

My email is not displaying my inbox correctly. I cannot click on the left side to be able to click on outbox, sent items, trash items, etc. It is not displaying anything on the left side.

Email Expert
JR071702

As a workaround:

Try this from the Inbox Preview - it works for me within my work network (where something in that initial load is being blocked, causing the left-hand column to disappear).

From the Inbox Preview screen, click on the Preferences button or the Edit Preferences link. That should take you to the Preferences screen with a visible left-hand column.

From there, click on EMail on the top black bar (not in the Preferences menu). This should take you to your Inbox with the left-hand column intact.

JR

Contributor

My email screen has been strange for the second day, and I've made no changes on settings.In the inbox, a check mark stays in the left box beside new/read messages and it stays in the box at the top which is usually only used when you want to delete all messages. If I uncheck the top box, all the email list turns blue and the check goes away. If I click on one of the blue emails, they all go white and the checks go in all boxes again. On left side list of Trash, Save, and my folders, etc., there's a weird gray flag beside my folders. If I go into a folder, the check marks appear beside all the messages in the folder. What's going on? 

Contributor

Very interesting....after I posted my previous note, I went back into my email and the problem has suddently disappeared. It's been strange since early yesterday and now all checks are gone, flags are gone. Where did the "fix" come from?

New Visitor
archelo

I have been having the same issues. Outlook will not POP the comcast email server and my BlackBerry suddenly stopped receiving email from the comcast account as well. I havent changed anything and comcast keeps insisting that they didnt change anything either. I opened a ticket with support and around 8 o'clock this evening, my main email account worked long enough to download the email messages then broke again. Now I can no longer send email using my secondary account and cant even logon through the web. This is ridiculous!!!! Whats going on Comcast?!?!?!?!?!?

Contributor
Greg168008

Yeah, mine's still not resolved "magically".  I'm thinking Comcast has done some sort of maintenance and messed some stuff up.  Sure would be nice if they'd take interest in this thread and pop on and help us.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Contributor
Greg168008

CCCarole,

That new thread has absolutely nothing to do with the problem that we're having and I, at least, continue to have.  My keyboard works fine on my regular email account.  My other account is failing.

I attempted to have an online chat with a Comcast rep and it was pretty fruitless.  I explained the steps I had taken and that I had tried iwth multiple browsers on several systems including two mobile devices and the rep started reading from their script and wanted to walk me through "deleteing temporary internet files" because obviously those corrupt files were present on the five separate devices I was experiencing the issue on.

I'll try again when I have several hours to kill and maybe I can get through level 1 support and on to someone that can actually take a look at my inbox on the server and figure out why it's not working.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Greg,

An Administrator has been notified.  Watch this thread for a reply please.

CC

PS, The post that contained the blue link above was not your post.  Someone else posted a different issue in your thread & I moved it to it's own thread.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Greg168008

CCCarole,

Thank you.  I appreciate your response.  I would like to apologize for misinterpreting the new thread and also for the tone of my previous post.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

All,

If you are getting a password error message at some point your password was changed. If you have called in for troubleshooting or we opened a ticket for you regarding email, we would change it in order to troubleshoot your email service.
The new password doesn't carry over to your devices or outlook. It must be changed in all places that you access your xfinity email.

First:
Let's verify your password first.
Please log into xfinity and verify that you can log into our server and send a test email without issue. (Manually type in your password do not use any auto pop fills) That way we can verify if your password has been changed)

If you are unable to log in use the forgot my password link to reset.

Second:
Go into the settings of your xfinity app and delete the current password out of the incoming server settings and outgoing server settings as well. This needs to be done in Both areas.

Give a few minutes to update and this should resolve your issues.

If you are still having issues with your app verify these settings, if they are incorrect it will cause issues as well.
Iphone and IPads have the same settings.
Incoming server:Mail.comcast.net
Outgoing server:smtp.comcast.net
INcoming Server Port 995
Outgoing SMTP Port is 465
Use SSL-On
Authentication =Password

Outlook/Windows Mail:
Incoming Mail Server:    mail.comcast.net
Outgoing Mail Server:    smtp.comcast.net
Incoming Mail Server Port: 110
Outgoing Mail Server Port: 25/587 (25 is the default. I prefer 587)

Sometimes you have to toggle back and forth with 25/587.

If all this fails please delete the app/pop client connection and start over fresh.

Still having issues send me a private message and we can work on it together.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

Email on laptop works fine. Email on iPad and iPhone not allowing emails out. I can receive messages. I went to apple genius bar and they confirmed it is a Comcast issue. I aved used setting s indicated and I have same issue. What s the next step? Very frustrated.
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

[ Edited ]

Carefully look at the iOS settings shown in my post here. That post has pictures.

You need to set both the incoming and outgoing ports for the iPad, iPod, or iPhone. You need to set the password in two locations. The folks at the Apple Store should know this but some do not. Also, for sending, you should not use the default setting that might use port 25 because Comcast sometimes blocks that. Be sure to use password authentication.

Edit: Keisha said essentially the same thing I did. One other point - this is a POP mail server. It is not IMAP. If someone told you that it would be better to use IMAP or that Comcast uses IMAP and you tried to change it to that, it won't work. But then again, I'd think you wouldn't be receiving mail either. 

Comcast's server for residential user does only POP.

New Visitor
taylor01chloe02

Having the same probelm, second time in two weeks. Rep. sez, doesn't know how it can happen! Phone stopped emails and could not get into my account online with an established password. Second time!!!! 

Contributor
Greg168008

Someone from Comcast support called me.  It looks like Comcast has instituted a new password policy and forced my password to no longer be valid.  I had a weak password with no caps or numbers.  Once I had the support rep reset the password and went in and changed it to one with letters and numbers, no issues since on any device.  I'd suggest you either change the password of the account and try again or call Comcast support for help.  My problem's been resolved.  Thanks Comcast.

New Visitor

Thank you so much-after too much useless advice from "experts"-I followed your instructions changed my password and I'm back in business ! Thanks so much
Email Expert
CCCarole
Visitor

I click on a selected email ,it will not open.
Email Expert
Latoque

A2eb80f27 wrote:
I click on a selected email ,it will not open.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history.  Then re-start it in a fresh session.  If you are using IE-10 or 11, make sure Compatibility view is enabled for Comcast.net.  You will find it under "Tools>>>Internet Options".

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.