New Visitor
Pippip
Accepted Solution

E-mail won't load

Hello, I've been having trouble with my email.  Whenever I try to log on, it goes to the blue screen that says "SmartZone communications center" and says loading, but just gets stuck there.  Do you guys know whats wrong?  It's been like this for longer than a week now, and hasn't fixed itself.  Is this just a simple problem?  Btw, I've tried different computers, but they are on the same network/internet connection, so I don't know if that makes a difference.  I've also tried my brothers comcast email account, and it has the same problem.  Thanks for any help.

New Visitor

Re: E-mail won't load

I have same problem, but only happens with Chrome, not Firefox or IE...

Networking Expert
kevj

[ Edited ]

Clear your cache in whichever browser is not working and try again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Email Expert
CCCarole

ALL

Please post back with which version of Smartzone you are using... The full version or the Lite version.  (The lite clearly says it is the Lite, and has a green strip across the top)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Pippip,

Have you been able to get into Smartzone previously without an issue? If not,and  If you are using the full version, you might want to try the Lite version.  There are a few different things that could prevent the full version from loading. The most common reason has to do with your screen resolution. Start there. 

To check:  Right click on an empty area of your desktop & choose Properties, then click on Settings.  Your screen resolution will show on the left side off the winddow.  IF you screen resolution is set to 800X600 orless, your screen resolution is the problem why the full version will not load.  For example, mine is set to 1024X768.

If you cannot get in with the full version, the directions below, will help you to get into the Lite version.  Please post back & let us know if you CAN get into the Lite version.

Sounds like there is something blocking the Javascript that the regular SmartZone uses.

What you can do is, while you are on the loading screen, make a note of the URL - specifically, the beginning part. (For instance, my SmartZone URL is http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1 - so the SZ e-mail server that I am assigned to is sz0004.wc).

Next, while you are stuck on the loading screen, key in the following URL that corresponds to the SZ server that you are assigned to:

http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search

You should just be able to backspace to the slash after the zimbra and type in the h/search.

This will get you into SmartZone Lite.    At this point, go to Preferences > General and set it to SZ Lite so you will always get into SmartZone Lite at logon.

SmartZone Lite is an HTML-driven web app like the old Webmail was.   If you were able to get into the old Webmail system from your computer, you should be able to get into SZ Lite.  

Sounds like there is something blocking the Javascript that the regular SmartZone uses.

What you can do is, while you are on the loading screen, make a note of the URL - specifically, the beginning part. (For instance, my SmartZone URL is http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail#1 - so the SZ e-mail server that I am assigned to is sz0004.wc).

Next, while you are stuck on the loading screen, key in the following URL that corresponds to the SZ server that you are assigned to:

http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search

You should just be able to backspace to the slash after the zimbra and type in the h/search.

This will get you into SmartZone Lite.    At this point, go to Preferences > General and set it to SZ Lite so you will always get into SmartZone Lite at logon.

SmartZone Lite is an HTML-driven web app like the old Webmail was.   If you were able to get into the old Webmail system from your computer, you should be able to get into SZ Lite.  

If you would prefer to use the regular SmartZone, then you'll have to work the browser issues or use another browser (i.e. if you are using Internet Explorer, use Firefox).

Credit to JR for these instructions

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Thanks.  I have been using regular SZ with Chrome without problems until yesterday.  But I did as you suggested, and Lite does indeed work.

New Visitor

thanks. clearing the cache worked, so no need to switch to Lite

New Visitor
Pippip

Screen res. is fine, so thats not the problem.  But the lite version works, but isn't as nice as reg.  But it better than nothing.  Thanks for the help

New Visitor
Bhmbabs

Thanks to JR for resolving this email issue. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Comcast tech support and they were very nice but told me I needed to call Toshiba. The Toshiba techie gave me this website. What is weird is that everything was fine two days ago. Ah well, at least I am getting Email again.

Babs in Bellingham

New Visitor

I tried this solution to this same problem and it worked just fine.  I had previously spent about half an hour on the phone with Comcast tech support and they kept telling me there was something wrong with my browser (Safari) and were unable to resolve the issue.  Somebody should tell them about this solution because it worked immediately.

New Visitor
pepdud

What is Comcast up to??? My email won't load and the fix (http://sz0004.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search) did work, but now the page won't load at all. Hopefully they are working on the problem