New Visitor

EMAIL NOT DOWNLOADING FROM SERVER

My email is not downloading from the server to my mailbox on my computer. This happened before and I was never able to figure out why it started and why it stopped, but it did eventually resolve itself. I can read my mail on the Comcast website but it never gets transferred to my computer at home. It was working up until about three days ago. None of my settings has changed. Any ideas?
thanks
Most Valued Poster

Re: EMAIL NOT DOWNLOADING FROM SERVER

Could you please provide us with more details.

Best place to start is by copy/pasting the exact error message you are receiving.
do you have any firewall / antivirus software installed??
do you have a router / hub / or switch ??

Thanks

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Get you very own FORUM ID
New Visitor

The error message is: "This Folder is Being Processed. Please Wait Until Processing is Complete to Get Messages." We do have a firewall and antivirus, but as I said, NOTHING changed between the time I was receiving my email at home three days ago, and now. In fact, I got my email the day it stopped working, I got an indicator while online that I had received new emails, and when I changed over to my mailbox to view them, I got the above error message. As far as I know we do not have a router/hub/switch.
Most Valued Poster

Where are you getting this error msg? from which email program ( outlook/outlook express/eudora) ??
New Visitor

I am on the Mac platform and yesterday I could no longer get my mail through mac's mail app. I can retrieve mail from other server's (different mail accounts) trough the comcast server. What is up?/ some upgrade?? I see my mail when I sign on through web browser.
New Visitor

Netscape
New Visitor

I am having the same problem using Outlook XP (WinXP) - for some reason, Outlook can't connect with either the POP3 or SMTP servers. I have re-entered the server/user info in Outlook, but I keep getting a "cannot connect" type error. This has been happening for a couple of days, although no changes have been made to the
account(s). Any suggestions?
New Visitor

I am having problems replying to emails and I have not received any new emails.
New Visitor

I am another one which can't receive my email in Outlook any longer. This happened during the changeover from ATT to Comcast, but mysteriously fixed itself after a month or so. I have always been able to read messages using Comcast mail. I use XP.

Here's the error:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Thoughts?
New Visitor

weird thing, that is exactly the same error I get from netscape and outlook..but once I sign on through the web email, it suddently worked....

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
New Visitor

I am getting the same Hexidecimal error code, but going to the web doesn't seem to correct the issue. And the funny thing is that it is only happening with one e-mail ID -all the others are working fine! I thought to change some options in Account Management, but there's nothing to change - all of my users have the same options. This has got to be a server side problem!
New Visitor

This is exactly the same for me (I'm the original poster of this thread). My husband's email is working just fine. This has only affected mine.
Sheila
New Visitor

I'm another Mac user having similar problem. No error message, no nothing- mail is on the comcast site, but won't download to my Mac.
New Visitor

I got the same problem. It works well few days ago. :-(
My mother can download her e.mail, but I can't download mine....

princessng@comcast.net
New Visitor

Reading through the threads, I've seen some folks who were able to connect to other pop smtp servers. I saw the ATT mail account error which is the same as mine. I feel most likely ports 110 and 25 are locked down to only use with ATT's internet service range of IP's...most likely we have an issue with ATT. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'postoffice.worldnet.att.net (1)', Server: 'postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
New Visitor

older G4 dual 450 Mac with OS9 and Eudora has been unable to receive mail more often than not for the last week. What happens is that after the mail check, the DNS entry for the mail server cannot be found for the next hour or so, as if the checking of the mail throws some kind of off switch down the road.
Several people from out of town have called that the mail they send me is bouncing back to them from comcast.net. (Used to be attbi.com, changed settings months ago, no issues til lately.)
We added a pc and a router at home of late, there are no problems on that end of the world.... ???
I am not sending this from home to be able to triple check the settings. Again it worked first thing this morning, but then I can't RECHECK for mail minutes later- it hangs.
Barb
New Visitor

> Where are you getting this error msg? from which
> email program ( outlook/outlook express/eudora) ??
I am getting this error message from Netscape.
New Visitor

No the feeling very well there are two of us in the same house hold he can get mail without any problems yet I can not got screen captures of all errors going to start getting nasty if not fixed soon.. got enough amo to do it with.. very disguesting when you had no problem suddenly nothing but problems with comcast.....oh god bring back attbi.........comcast sucks big time. always intermittant problems with the pop3 server. try later, try later another pop3 in use don't have another pop3........geesh comcast get your servers working properly would ya.......or your going to start loosing a lot of business. also like you constantly reparing connection always going down getting darn tired of the whole mess having to reformat connection sucks big time
New Visitor

> Could you please provide us with more details.
>
> Best place to start is by copy/pasting the exact
> error message you are receiving.
> do you have any firewall / antivirus software
> installed??
> do you have a router / hub / or switch ??
>
> Thanks
>
> WELCOME TO THE FORUM
>
> Get you very own
> > >FORUM ID

On my (until recently) regular mail client Mozilla Mail, I get the following msg: "This folder is being processed. Please until processing complete to ger messages". I abandoned Mozilla Mail out of desperation to use Comcast browser for mail. Now Comcast's mail window no longer opens, just hangs up.
I have tried everything listed above- disconnected my AV program, disconnected the network, with no results.

What should I do next. I am using Win2000. Incoming server is mail.comcast.net, outgoing is smtp.comcast.net. What else can I do???? H E L P !!!

All this happened within the last seven days. Until then never had a problem with Mozilla Mail or Comcast browser for mail.
New Visitor

I have the exact same problem, same Folder Being Processed message. - sudden mail death syndrome. And I have disconnected my firewall and anti-virus program, but to no avail. For a few days I was relieved to be able to get my mail via the Comcast browser. Now the message window (email screen) on the Comcast screen does not open, just times out. I cannot get any emails!!!
New Visitor

Same here and the web mail is not working up to par. It keeps saying login failed.

I can't delete my old mail from the web mail.

I'm using:

iMac FP 700
512MB Ram
Apple Mail.app
New Visitor

I have the EXACT same problem when trying to download e-mail into my Outlook Express 6 client. I can read it on the website but can not download it. I can also send out e-mail but can't recieve it into the client. The message says: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This also happened a few days ago and NOTHING has changed in my configuration settings. I have reverified that the settings are correct and still can't get my e-mail to download. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Thank you!
New Visitor

I get message Cannot download from server. I get it on both Outlook Express and in trying to read from the net. I am also getting the timed out message. i changed the time to 5 minutes. that is more than ample. I think we have a server problem, not fixable on the consumer end.
New Visitor

same thing here...why hasnt there been a response by someone who knows whats going on, this sucks!
Bronze Star Contributor

I have been having the same problem, (not using Outlook).

It seems to be corrupted messages in the inbox. If you go to Comcast webmail and delete messages,(you can do it one at a time), you should be able to clear your inbox of the corrupt message and get your mail via your normal email software.

I don't know yet what is causing the corrupt message but I believe I may have narrowed it down to one spam.

Anyway that is what I have had to do for the last three days.
Most Valued Poster
Most Valued Poster
Me

> same thing here...why hasnt there been a response by
> someone who knows whats going on, this sucks!

Read this Forum or search in this Forum...you will find literally hundreds of responses giving advice...you have to be willing to help yourself a little...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heroes aren't born...they volunteer...
Visitor

Go to webmail and delete the oldest one in your inbox. It is probably a corrupt mail that is preventing the server from downloading the rest that came in behind it.
Contributor

Ok folks, sounds like I might have a somewhat similar problem. I'm not a whiz with computers so be gentle with me. When I attempt to send mail from my comcast mail box, the status bar at the bottom of the page only goes about 1/3 of the way across and then freezes there. I have left messages in that condition for as long as 5 hours with no change, or error messages. When I attempt to cancel the transmission I get a very generic error message from Internet Explorer asking if I wish to report the problem. No matter what option I choose (send, don't send) I am then thrown straight out of Internet Explorer, and my Comcast accounts shuts down.

I seem to be able to both send and receive mail by directly accessing Outlook Express, but there appears to be no connectivity between Outlook, and my Comcast mail as there are new mail messages in Outlook that were not forwarded to my comcast mail. I have been on the phone several times with tech support @ comcast, and have triple checked all the relevant settings in Outlook ie; server, port, mail addy, etc, and all are correct. Comcast tech now tells me that the problem may lie with Internet Explorer. If it helps anyone, I'm also having a huge problem with spy ware stuff. I have Adware Professional, and Spyhunter, but still pop up corrupted files each and every time I reboot the computer or access Internet Explorer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
New Visitor

I am having the same problem
New Visitor

been having this issue for a couple of days now on my mac. deleted some emails off the web email as per this thread and it's working now!
a big "thank you" to the people.
New Visitor

I am a Mac OS X using the Mail app and am having the same problem. Mail is on the server and I can access via webmail, but my mail application can't access it. What gives here? HELP