New Visitor
spychica755

Email Attachment Issues

I am having a problem attaching documents (and pretty much EVERYTHING) to email. The attachments are under the attachment limit. I have attempted PDF's and word documents, and nothing seems to be working. I have tried from two different computers at two different locations, using all three email accounts, and they won't attach at either place. I have also tried logging out and then logging back in, saving the message as a draft and then editing it to attach the document, pretty much everything I can think of.

I use Comcast email to run three businesses, so this is incredibly frustrating! Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Email Attachment Issues

when you click the attach icon and you browse to the file to attach what happens.?

Visitor

(This is the original poster as before, but for some reason I can't log in...)

When the window comes up to attach whatever file(s) I want to attach, I click browse like normal, it opens and it listed as the file ready to be attached. Then when I click attach, that's where it get's "stuck". Sometimes the icon on the tab will start to "spin" like it's loading, but it never gets past the part where you click attach.

This morning, I'm still having an issue. Now I can attach Word documents, but still no luck with PDF's or JPEG's. All are within the allowed attachment size. Just for kicks, I tried it on IE (I usually use FireFox), and it will attach a PDF just fine. So it looks like there's a compatibility issue with FireFox.

So, next issue is how do I fix the issue with FireFox? Thanks!

Email Expert
Latoque

What version of Firefox are you using?  Also, have you cleared your cache and cookies lately?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor

I'm using the most recent version of Firefox. I clear my cookies and cache about once a week. I should also mention that this is a relatively new problem, too. Within the last 3-4 weeks or so. Up until that point, I had used Firefox with no problems.

Email Expert
Latoque

OK I am not convinced that the problem lies with Firefox.  I use it on both Windows and Mac formats and I cannot duplicate the problem you are having.  I have no problem at all sending attachments in either OS.  I have Mac OS Snow Leopard on one machine, and Windows 7 on the other.  Both function just fine in Xfinity email, including attachments.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.