Visitor

Email Connection time out

Help I have a older dell laptop with XP and foxfire browser I switched from my older belkin G modem to comcast Arris modem wireless , it greatly improved my connection ,

But my email is not working,  I get a error time out message when I try to read my emails, the page will not load.   I have spent quite of bit of time with customer service to no avail, I  have cleared cache, reset , powered on etc,

Customer Service states its my computer, however before the switch in modems my email worked fine, it was video i.e. tube was dropping constantly,  any input  would be appreciated 

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Email Connection time out

Hello,

If it is a comcast gateway modem those gateways are garbage. Call comcast support and place the gateway in bridge mode and purchase yourself a wireless router and hook it up to the modem.

Visitor

Thank you

New Visitor

I have had the same exact issue since April after switching to the Arris modem.  I have spend countless hours on the phone with customer service also.  They cannot help you and when they send a tech out to fix it they don't know how.  I have to access my comcast email through outlook express , it is the only way I can read comcast email.  I was given the name of a supervisor who was going to look into it and get it fixed as soon as possible, since that was 4 months ago , I'm guessing it wasn't top priority.  I have tried to reach this person numerous times but can only get voice mail.  Maybe he is also using the new modem and can't access his email or voice mails either ..........LOL.    It is not your computer , thats just what they tell you because they don't have a better answer.  They told me it was my computer or maybe it was my telephone , yeah right !  It's their crappy equipment .........plain and simple.