New Visitor

Email Delivery Failures that I Did not Initiate

Hi,

For about a week now, every few hours I get Delivery Status Notifications back from Comcast informing me that "Delivery to the Following recipients is still underway after XXX hours".  I do not recognize any of the recipients, and my inbox quickly fills with these messages.  I changed by comcast email password, but I still get the messages.  Any suggestions?  I don't want to block mailer-daemon@comcast.net (the address that sends me the Delivery Status), in case I actually send an email that can not be delivered.

Thanks!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Email Delivery Failures that I Did not Initiate

dboss05 wrote:

Hi,

For about a week now, every few hours I get Delivery Status Notifications back from Comcast informing me that "Delivery to the Following recipients is still underway after XXX hours".  I do not recognize any of the recipients, and my inbox quickly fills with these messages.  I changed by comcast email password, but I still get the messages.  Any suggestions?  I don't want to block mailer-daemon@comcast.net (the address that sends me the Delivery Status), in case I actually send an email that can not be delivered.

Thanks!!

Sounds like your email address has been spoofed and is being used by spammers.  Does any of those messages show in your Sent Folder?

Also run a full scanof your PC.

If it is spoofing though, it will stop on its own as the spammers move on to using another email address.  You can do a google search about spoofing.  Here is just one link that explains it.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/email-spoofing

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

Re: Email Delivery Failures that I Did not Initiate

Thanks. All 3 computers I do email from are clean. Changed password. Nothing in "Sent" folder. I guess I just have to wait for it to stop.