New Visitor
alymerg
Accepted Solution

Email Inbox font size

The font size on my email inbox just shrunk down to barely readable!  How did that happen and how can I change it back?

Help!

New Visitor
ecsop

Re: Email Inbox font size

Hello,

This happened to me a few times and I was so frustrated. I just figured it out tonight after I saw your email. If you place one finger on the mouse pad and then take another finger and spread it out on the mouse pad at the same time, the text gets larger. If you place one finger on the mouse pad and then the other brushes inward at the same time, the text gets smaller. I hope that helps. Not sure I explained it correctly.

Email Expert
Latoque

In Windows, hold down the Cntrl key and then tap the + or - keys until you get the size you want.  Cntrl 0 will change it to the default.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
crobertson1900

Thank you so much for the help..  The comcast tech support could not help me with the problem last week..But you did The fonts are larger now in my inbox.  It was a pain to get my reading glasses out just to view my inbox. 

New Visitor
cricketw

Control + will enlarge the font on the face of the email, but as soon as you print the email out the font reduces in size. The last time I tyried to print an email the font was soooooo small I couldn't rerad it.

So I,m looking for a solution to that problem...How to increase the size of font when printing a copy of an email. I'm using windows 7, explorer 8 and I have a HP C4640 printer. Cricketw

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

cricketw wrote:

Control + will enlarge the font on the face of the email, but as soon as you print the email out the font reduces in size. The last time I tyried to print an email the font was soooooo small I couldn't rerad it.

So I,m looking for a solution to that problem...How to increase the size of font when printing a copy of an email. I'm using windows 7, explorer 8 and I have a HP C4640 printer. Cricketw

I'm on a Mac, but I don't think it makes any difference for the webmail.  Try this-------select the email you want to print off.  Then click on Print in the toolbar right above the message list.  I use the View with the reading pane to the right, but that doesn't matter.  You can be in any view.  The message will appear with a + and - sign in the upper right-hand corner to increase or decrease the font size. 

After you click on Print and get the printing menu on the screen click on Preview.  It should show you the message in normal size font.  Then try actually printing it.  If you try to use the Print feature from the File menu in your browser it will generate much smaller print, and you have to print the whole page, and not just the message you want.  The reason is that your computer is trying to fit the entire page from Xfinity onto the printed page instead of only the message.

Another way is to open the message and right-click on it, hit "This Frame" (again--on a Mac.  I'm not sure you have this option in Windows).  In the sub-menu that appears I have the option to print only the message frame.  The difference from what I posted in the paragraph above is that using right-click, it won't print the message header-----only the body of the message.  Using the Print tab above the message list will include the header.  Depends on what you want to do.

Play around with it.  Using the Preview feature you won't waste any paper or expensive ink.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor

Thank you that totally worked awesome !!!!

New Visitor
sj38

Re: Mac Email Inbox (change font size)

I'm also on a Mac (-Book Pro laptop), & I tried each suggestion to no avail. My main problem is not in Preview (got handle on that) but about view of whole Email Inbox – suddenly it's tiny!! Don't know what combo of keys I hit to make this happen, but can't seem to undo (enlarge to "normal"). Appreciate any help w/solution!!!!

Email Expert
Latoque

Are you using Safari?  Try clearing the cache/browsing history and then close and re-start it in a fresh session.

New Visitor
sj38

It worked, thanx so much!!! I tend to use Firefox more than Safari, but I cleared History, closed then relaunched Both, to find they're back to "normal" & easy to read again – really appreciate your help :smileygrin:

Email Expert
Latoque

It's one of the first things we suggest here when you encounter sudden weird problems like this.  All the browsers are subject to corruption because of bad TIFs, cookies and other junk in their memory.

Visitor

omg, so simple and it works...thank you

New Visitor
stharrington54

After trying just about every menu on my entire PC, it's so nice to have someone else have solved the mystery of 1) how is it that I indvertantly changed my email size/font to unreadable and 2) how the heck to get it back to a normal font size so I could read anything on the page!