Bronze Star Contributor

Email Program Snail Slow

Greetings,

It would be great if Comcast would do something about the webmail program to speed it up. It used to be fast and efficient before SmartZone.

Many times I can't even get to the login page. When I do get to the login page, I then have to wait before the controls appear so I can log in. Then when I do get logged in, I'm directed to that stupid Preview Page. And so then there is another wait to get to mu Inbox.

In a nutshell the Xfinity webmail is SLOW to use. I use three other web mail programs other than Xfinity and they all are faster to get in, use email, and get out.

With so many people dissatisfied with this service, why don't the powers-that-be make some changes to speed up the web mail application?

.Net Programmer
Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Email Program Snail Slow

[ Edited ]

Do yourself a big favor and just stop using the Comcast email address.  Stick with Yahoo, Hotmail, gMail or some other provider.  I've used Hotmail and Yahoo accounts for over 12 years now, and I'd recommend either of them over Comcast webmail any day of the week.  I use my Comcast address stricktly for testing purposes, or online registrations that I don't really care much about.

Yes it sucks that Comcast webmail is so trouble prone, but there it is.  I would certainly not rely on it for anything important.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

You can also try to delete your temporary and cache files.

Bronze Star Contributor

Thanks for the advice..

I can clear my cache and use other web mail (which I do). The point is that if you're paying good money for a service you normally expect that service to be satisfactory.

.Net Programmer
Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

Biff-Tannon wrote:

Thanks for the advice..

I can clear my cache and use other web mail (which I do). The point is that if you're paying good money for a service you normally expect that service to be satisfactory.

And I would agree with that.  But as I and others will point out to you-----you are paying for the high speed internet connection.  The rest of it, including the email service, is fluff to Comcast.  Their email is almost like it was tacked on as an afterthought.  Use another email provider with or without an email client and life will be a lot easier for you, and it is certainly no match for the likes of Yahoo or Hotmail.

Just sayin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor

It has been slow to nonworking for months but it's absolutely ridiculous today.  I have no meaningful email access.  I can't use my address book to send mail.  They seem to have plenty of bandwidth to deliver their ads and fake useless "preview" pages but not the mail.  This outfit rivals the post office with their inefficiency.  I hope the shareholders complain about this inferior service.  Please Verizon, put in some lines around here and let us dump this obsolete garbage!

Visitor

Comcast/Xfinity e-mail is awful. It's horribly slow and the splash page usually makes me think of Ripley's Believe It or Not with the inane stories they feature.

I can't wait for someone else to provide cable and internet for my home.  I'll switch as soon as I can.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Yahoo_for_me wrote:

Comcast/Xfinity e-mail is awful. It's horribly slow and the splash page usually makes me think of Ripley's Believe It or Not with the inane stories they feature.

I can't wait for someone else to provide cable and internet for my home.  I'll switch as soon as I can.

You certainly do not have to use XfinityConnect for email just because Comcast is your ISP.  Instead, use an email client such as Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Outlook, G-Mail. 
If you need more inbformation about setting up an email client, post back.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

It's just unbelievable. Today it takes about 45 secs to switch from one directory to another within the mail program. Auto-complete doesn't even work, it's so slow.