New Visitor
richardlough

Email Vacation Notice

Is it possible to set up an auto reply to all messages that come in to let people know I am away?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Email Vacation Notice

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Login to xfinity connect

Click on preference tab on the top

Click on email on the left side

Under the email preference on the right side choose auto reply and follow the instruction and click save when done.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If your account is a restricted secondary account you will not be able to set up Auto Reply.

The primary account holder will have to sign in so it can be done by him/her.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
richardlough

When I select auto reply it forces me to sign on to customer centrail then the alerts show auto reply is off and I can not see how to change that.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

richardlough wrote:

When I select auto reply it forces me to sign on to customer centrail then the alerts show auto reply is off and I can not see how to change that.

Your account is probably a secondary Comcast user account. You cannot enable it as restricted secondary account holders are very limited in what they can do to manage theiir email accounts.

Does the page in customer central look like this: if it does then you are definitely a secondary account

secondary restricted.PNG

When the primary account signs in after clicking Auto Reply in Xfinity Connect the auto reply set up box automatically opens. Since this did not open for you that is another sign of a restricted secondary account.

The primary account holder will have to sign in to Customer Central. He/she will then have to click Users & Settings to choose YOUR account and enable Auto Reply. You will then be able to set it up while the primary is signed in.

When you are ready to delete the Auto Reply it will also have to be done from the PRIMARY account.

FWIW, I think it is ridiculous that restricted secondary account holders cannot manage their own email settings.

There is a way around it though but it involves jumping through hoops. The primary can grant the secondary UNRESTRICTED status, which would then let you set all this up yourself without having the primary account sign in and do it for you.

Read this post, Section 2, on how to grant unrestricted status to a secondary account.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p...

When it has been made unrestricted it will look like this (this is from one of my unrestricted secondary accounts), with the edit buttons added so you can do this stuff yourself

secondary unrestricted.PNG

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.