New Visitor
G-E_M

Email not sending

I have just tried sending email but received error/not sent messages.  I have double checked connectivity and the addresses.  This happened this morning and on my last try 2 nights back.  I used a group from my address book and also tried loading them separately.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Email not sending

What are the exact error messages?

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Buddy-Bob

I cannot send e-mails.  I receive e-mails OK.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Buddy-Bob wrote:

I cannot send e-mails.  I receive e-mails OK.

We need details to be able to help you?

Do you use XfinityConnect?  Full or Lite version?

OR- Do you use an email client?  Which one?

Are your receiving any error messages?  If yes, copy/paste the entire error message in your reply.

Have you cleared your cache?

Which browser do you use & which version?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Buddy-Bob

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Convention', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 omta02.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast Port 25 not allowed - http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone---WINDOWS MAIL Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X---VISTA
Details of the problem you are having.--CANNOT SEND EMAILS.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Buddy-Bob wrote:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Convention', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 omta02.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast Port 25 not allowed - http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone---WINDOWS MAIL Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X---VISTA
Details of the problem you are having.--CANNOT SEND EMAILS.

Switch your SMTP Port to 465 wuith SSL on, or 587 without SSL.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.