Visitor

Email not syncing with mobile devices

Email that I delete or move to folders is not syncing with my iPad or iPhone, so what I see on my computer inbox is different than on those devices.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Re: Email not syncing with mobile devices

Log out of the app and log back in. Sometimes the sync is messed up if you delete too many emails or you have multiple devices. /if the problem still persists let me know and i will have it escalated.

New Visitor
jscollins1020

I am having the same issues with my droid...any solutions?
New Visitor
FairyAngel

I;ve been having this same issue since yesterday afternoon. I've deleted the app from my droid and reinstalled it and still have issues not syncing. I have to delete the droid side, even tho it's deleted from the app side. any fixes yet?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Hi,

Can you try with new 4.0.2 app version which is just released ? But your previous version actions won't be reflected here. Only new actions in inbox folder will be reflected correctly.

FairyAngel wrote:

I;ve been having this same issue since yesterday afternoon. I've deleted the app from my droid and reinstalled it and still have issues not syncing. I have to delete the droid side, even tho it's deleted from the app side. any fixes yet?

Visitor

That did not work on either my iPhone or iPad.
New Visitor
FairyAngel

i uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version and it seems to be working now

. thx

New Visitor
jscollins1020

Same here...seems to be working on my droid as well.

Thanks.

Visitor

Seems ok now, but as you said, anything prior to 7/11 I have to delete or move manually on each mobile device.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Thanks for the update. We are looking into this issue with a permanent fix and will let you know once we have a new release.

New Visitor

Have you fixed this email issue yet? No emails for 4 days.
New Visitor
suz87

Same problem here but only on one of my email accounts (the one I need most of course).  What is the problem and how can we resolve it??

Contributor

This issue has been going on for several weeks, comcast email server not synching to my iPad or iPhone. When will Comcast fix this failure?

Bronze Star Contributor

Same issue here.  No new emails last 24+ hours in app until I logged out and back in.  But deleting and moving to folders parts have not synched with app for months.  In last 24+ hours, although emails now coming through to droid, no notifications in notification bar.

Contributor

Wife at home with iPad2  and base desk top P.C.  Husband(Robert Duncan in permanent care facility 2 miles away also with iPad 2,This a permanent set up and critical support  for the two of  us to share all data simultaneously on our mobile iPads.I am unable to speak.Can fine Comcast support  provide a tech rep on site  to resolve this critical arrangement for us in our final years? Our account is 8498360090120296 at 2023 38th St NW , Gig Gig Harbor WA 98335 phone 253 858 5468 .Wife will accommodate any arrangements.

Contributor

How can I sync iPad 2 to ISP (Xfinity@comcast.net?

Visitor

Email is not syncing with iphone 4s, ios 6,0 and vice versa.  I can reply and delete on phone or computer but it does not show up on the other.  It's as if I have 2 accounts under the same email address..Thank you for any help.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Inbox is not syncing with iPad2 iOS6 app v4.0.3.  Deleted messages linger in the inbox and give a Unable to process message. Logging out and back in does not resolve issue.  Logging out from one account and logging in with different account does not resolve the issue.  Logging back in with the original account does not resolve the issue.  Deleting the app and reinstalling provides only a temporary fix.  Problem reappears after a couple of deletions.  Problem might be related to having the app on a companion iPhone 3GS iOS6 v 4.0.3 and signed on to the same account.

New Visitor

I am having the same issue.  It is really annoying.  It get my iphone app or ipad to sync, I have to completely remove the xfinity app and reinstall it.  This has been going on for weeks.  When will this be resolved????

Contributor

I spent 90 minutes on the phone and with on-line help technicians from Comcast. Each person I dealt with at Comcast denied there was a problem and insisted I was the only complaintant. Each person repeated the same script ...."I can only help you with Comcast Xfinity issues". The only help they offered was regarding getting emails on my PC or via Outlook, which I was not having a problem with and which was never the reason for my call. They would not even discuss mobile devices with me, they just kept repeating the quoted phrase above. Why doesn't Comcast admit there is an issue? Even if it's not their fault, why can't they at least give their customers some direction?

Visitor
vickid

Ever since I downloaded the new version or update of Xfinity, I cant retrieve e.mail. Tried the refresh and all it does is get stuck with that window down. I would have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but when I go into the apps folder it simply takes me back to the stuck screen. The last version wasn't swell either, froze all the time but eventually would work, should have kept the enemy we knew, I think. I am not a techy person, and really should you need to be, to use your phone?
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

This issue will be fixed with the next version which we are planning to release soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Visitor
vickid

Well if I hadn't found a way around my problem and gotten it to work, your reply "fixing it soon with the new updated version" would really tick me off more than it does.  Why in the world don't you get people who know what they are doing to make an update just that, updated, better, fixed.  Unbelievable that you put out a version with so many problems, and not know about it.

Bronze Star Contributor

@vickid - what was your workaround to get it to work?  

And yes, agreed, it's getting very tiring hearing that an update is coming soon that will fix everything.

Visitor
vickid

Actually turned out to be quite simple.  Logged completely out of the system, turned the phone off, turned in back on, and logged back in.  I had turned the phone off before. I had tried logging out and then in but never in combination with turning the phone off.  I think it sorta acted like a reboot.  Anyway, still would have been nice to have Comcast's help, but as with most of the forum notes say, that's non-existent.   We are pretty much on our own, sad really, because we like their cable service.

Contributor

Yesterday the app started working properly without any intervention on my part.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, the problem started again.  I can't delete emails from the app that have been download and removed from the server.

Next, I read and deleted email in the inbox from the webmail site.  The app did not update the contents of the inbox.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

New Version of Xfinity Connect Android Application version 4.1 is released to android market.
All the issues are covered in the latest version.
Please upgrade to the latest version and share your experience.

Visitor

What about for the iphones????

New Visitor
mjpetty

Anyone have a solution to comcast email not syncing with android device other than download just released xfinity app?  Read the reviews on the app and they were horrendous.  I have not been able to send email from my droid since upgraded OS to ICS in the summer.  Finally decided to remove my comcast account after I noticed that I was not getting all my emails on droid and re-install.  Now i can send email but can't receive emai.  Have tried all suggestions on forums....ssl with port 995 for incoming and ssl with port 465 for outgoing....no security type with port 110 for incoming and port 587 for outgoing.  This is very frustrating! 

New Visitor
mjpetty

Addendum to previous message.....

Should have also mentioned that I rebooted my phone and cleared all the cache.  Also downloaded a 3rd party email product to access comcast email and when tried to sync got the message the syncing was disabled.  Syncing is not disabled on my phone for either comcast or the third party product.  So Comcast, what have you changed?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

zhivago68 wrote:

What about for the iphones????

New version for iPhone will be released soon.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

mjpetty wrote:

Addendum to previous message.....

Should have also mentioned that I rebooted my phone and cleared all the cache.  Also downloaded a 3rd party email product to access comcast email and when tried to sync got the message the syncing was disabled.  Syncing is not disabled on my phone for either comcast or the third party product.  So Comcast, what have you changed?

Can you please use our new version of Xfinity Connect Android Application version 4.1.

And let me know if you still face this issue.

Contributor

For my iPhone, I deleted the Comcast account,  downloaded Apple  software updates, and then set up the Comcast account again, synced my folders, and now it's been working fine for a few weeks. I did the same with my old iPad. But for several months I struggled with Comcast emails not being consistently delivered on either device, and neither Comcast or Apple could offer any help. I was terribly disappointed in their lack of support, when all along it was their fault this wasn't working (not my fault). I am not sure who was to blame, Apple or Comcast. But it surprised me when both companies  DENIED the problem existed, and made me feel I was the only one in the whole world who was having the problem. This forum was the only place where I found others who had these same issues. 

Visitor

thank you

Visitor

Just got Samsung Galaxy S4, Emails are not syncing with my Comcast account. I have to delete them manually. My other email account is synching properly. I am receiving the mails just fiine, but they won't delete. Help, please

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

Please use the XFINITY Connect mobile app from Google Play store. 

New Visitor

I can send email from outlook but what I receive is a one month delay ever since downloading the app.  I have logged out of both, deleted both, and still the outlook is one month behind.  Each day it updates from one month ago but I am not able to view current email.

New Visitor
ashxxx

This problem has not been fixed, and when you delete your email it does not delete on comcast. I have to go in my email weekly to delete the emails that I have already deleted from my device

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

ashxxx - are you using Xfinity Connect mobile app?

New Visitor
ashxxx

I use the email that is hooked up to my phone, it connects to the xfinity server

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

ashxxx - Email app in your phone will not sync your mails with Xfinity server. Please download Xfinity Connect mobile app from App Store. It will sync your emails with Xfinity server.

Thanks! 

New Visitor
ashxxx

Your company should fix that, people shouldn't have to add a bunch of apps in order for it to sync, yahoo syncs just fine with no extra apps

New Visitor
rkeegan1

The core issue is POP3 vs. IMAP set up within COMCAST email.  To sync properly, you need to install Comcast email as an IMAP set up, then all of the emails sync between the iphone and your comcast account.  I'm not sure why technical support has such a problem with this concept, since the solutions been floating around for years?

New Visitor
aschumm44

To rkeegan1 who said to use IMAP, T H A N K Y O U!!!!!!!!

Now, could someone please inform the Comcast HelpLESS desk, which consistently denies that it has anyone with the same problem.