Contributor
datageek
Accepted Solution

Email won't load

I can't get into email using my computer (I just did so on my husband's computer, but it won't let me in on my computer).  It will let me sign in but then it looks like the mailbox is loading and loading, but the page never appears.  Last week, a service person from another company had me "Reset" Internet Explorer (under Internet Options, Advanced tab) and my email hasn't worked since then.  Help!  

Visitor

Re: Email won't load

I have had this same issue for weeks now-- can use every other internet feature except signing into

my owm email-- does the same loading spinning thing, but just never loads.  I was advised it must be

my computer.... I have figured out a way to trick myself in, but it is very convoluted and frustrating.

Good luck.

Email Expert
CCCarole

sewarddds wrote:

I can't get into email using my computer (I just did so on my husband's computer, but it won't let me in on my computer).  It will let me sign in but then it looks like the mailbox is loading and loading, but the page never appears.  Last week, a service person from another company had me "Reset" Internet Explorer (under Internet Options, Advanced tab) and my email hasn't worked since then.  Help!  

Which version of XfinityConnect do you and your husband use please?  Which version of Internet Explorer?

Which operating system? Are you able to to to the Preview window or are you stuck before you get that far?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole

pamisu57 wrote:

I have had this same issue for weeks now-- can use every other internet feature except signing into

my owm email-- does the same loading spinning thing, but just never loads.  I was advised it must be

my computer.... I have figured out a way to trick myself in, but it is very convoluted and frustrating.

Good luck.

Please read my previous reply to the other User & answer the same questions.

Can you tell us what your "convulted way" is too?

Are you using Internet Explorer?  Firefox?  Safari?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
datageek

Thanks for trying to help.  Stupid question - where do I find what version of Xfinity Connect I have?  Also, I'm using Internet Explorer 9.

Contributor
datageek

Sorry...also should have added that I have Windows 7.  No, I don't get to the preview window at all.

Visitor

I am now on Xfinity Lite-- was advised earlier to switch to this, but it didn't solve the problem. Running

on Vista Home Premium operating system.  I currently can access my email because I got in one time

and saved my inbox to my favorites.  Now, when this loading screen bounces in and out-- sometimes

you actually see your inbox for a split second-- I quickly try to click on my favorites site and it usually takes

many tries before it connects.  Or, I can click on any other favorite site and after it connects I can scroll

down to my inbox favorite and it opens right up.  Weird--- it is obviously making the sign-in connection,

but simply will not open the page. I presume that is the preview page you were addressing.  Thanks for

looking in to this issue.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have asked for a Moderator to review all posts in this Thread.  Please watch for a reply.

Contributor
datageek

Just wanted to let anyone else with this problem know that I chatted with Comcast rep and it seems that IE9 is the problem.  To test, I downloaded Firefox, signed on to my email and the mailbox opened up without a problem.  The Comcast rep's suggestion was to uninstall IE9 and try IE8 (my mailbox worked on my husband's computer -- he was still using IE8), but I think I kinda like Firefox...maybe I'll just stay with it!  Thanks to everyone at Comcast... 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Alot of us do like Firefox... :smileygrin:.And it's not a bad thing to have two browsers installed anyway.

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I can get into XFINITY COMCAST.NET    I can read the news, etc.   I can even get into email, but at the top it has HOME,  EMAIL,  ETC.   It always goes to HOME, and then I press EMAIL, the computer page goes all white, it will not give me my email???  IT stays there and loads all day with doing anything??/

I can go into Internet Explorer and I can remove my comcast email through them, but not Comcast??  What is the problem??

I went to help and they told me to go to REFERENCE and do things with SPAM,  I press REFERENCE, and the page again goes white and it will load and load, and nothing??

what is happening here???

Your programs keep asking me to get comcast.  I have COMCAST,NET,    on TV< PHONE< AND COMPUTER.   Everything is working good but the COMPUTER.

Please advise

New Visitor
Mpajp3738

I CAN GET INBOX PREVIEW BUT XFINITY DOES NOT CONNECT

Email Expert
CCCarole

Are you saying that when you sign in and click on the Email link from the comcast homepage, you are getting an error message saying something to the effect that you must have hi speed internet service? 

Please copy /paste the entire message you are getting please.

You said:  I can even get into email, but at the top it has HOME,  EMAIL,  ETC.   It always goes to HOME, and then I press EMAIL, the computer page goes all white, it will not give me my email???  IT stays there and loads all day with doing anything??/

Are you able to get to this page below... Which is the Preview page or are you stuck with the white screen after clicking on Email?

Prview page.JPG

IF you can get to the Preview page, and if you can click on the Preferences tab shown there, can you go into Preferences, or are you stopped there as well? (with the white page & loading...loading??

Post back the answers to the questions and copy/paste the error message you are getting & we can try to help you further.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Mpajp3738 wrote:

I CAN GET INBOX PREVIEW BUT XFINITY DOES NOT CONNECT

First, clear your browser cache.  Are you using the full or the lite version of XfinityConnect?  Look on the top right side of the Preview page- Does it show XfinityConnect, OR does it show XfinityConnect Lite in red text?

If you are currently in the full version, we can try to get you to the Lite version, which may work for you.

Also, which browser/version do you use, and which operating system please?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

CCCarole wrote: ...  Look on the top right side of the Preview page- Does it show XfinityConnect, OR does it show XfinityConnect Lite in red text? ...

FYI: On my WinXP system, in Firefox and in IE, the Preview page always says "Xfinity Connect", even though I'm using Lite. The logo doesn't change to "Xfinity Connect Lite" until I reach the Inbox view. Like so:

Preview:XfCnPre.png

Inbox:    XfCnInb.png

Email Expert
CCCarole

Bruce, THANK YOU!  You are correct, I must have gotten confused when it appearred as Lite.

CC

Visitor

[ Edited ]

when I go to Comcast, it comes on.  Then I sign in.   Then Comcast comes in with HOME PAGE, and when I click EMAIL  It downloads, and the page goes white. and Down below it says DONE 

I can get to the word PREFERENCE, but when I click the word, the screen comes up WHITE again and down below it says DONE.

No words come on the screen. 

On the HOME PAGE the email is running down, but I cannot read or delete anything.  Like the page is frozen??

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

A moderator has been notified.  PLEASE edit your posts and remove your email address.  The forums are public, anyone can read them and your email address could easily be harvested by spammers.

TO DO:  Open your post and click on OPTIONS on the right side of the post.  click on Edit reply.  Delete the email address and post.  (2 posts need to be edited)

Please also read the Posting Guidelines    Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I too am running IE 9 and my mail program was not loading....the little circle just kept spinning.  However I could get my mail on a laptop computer that I also use.  This lead me to believe that something on my PC was not right.  I finally got my email working and here's how I did it.  In the upper right hand corner of IE 9 there is a small circle right next to the "favorites" star.  Click on the circle, go to "safety" and make sure the Active X filter is NOT checked.  When Active X filtering is on it blocks the Comcast email program, at least on my computer.  Normally the Active X filter is not on by default but somehow the filter got turned on.....computers can be very, very strange sometimes.

Visitor

Thanks for that hint, but when I checked under safety, ActiveX was not checked....

I was so hoping that would be my fix instead of unloading IE9 and going back to IE8.

As you pointed out computers are very tempermental and I might create another

glitch. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

I understand you when you stated unloading IE9 for 8. Were you able to try firefox for another test?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Are you still having issues getting to your email?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Visitor

In response to your last two questions, the problem still persists and I have not

tried Firefox yet, but plan to-- will let you know if works. Thanks.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem and it started with Xfinity.  It does load fine with Firefox and it loads on my other PC's.  I also found if I select the 'Preferences' link at the bottom of the main Comcast.net screen I can then select email from there (preferences screen) and it loads fine.

I have tried both Xfinity and the Lite versions, same problem.  I have looked at the safety setting and it is off. If I turn it on and select email the screen loads the Xfinity red text and the blue dot circle spins but it just stays there and nothing loads.  At least it doesn't bounce.

By the way, I am using IE9 but the same happened in IE8.  In my opinion it is a result of Xfinity. There is most likely a setting or an app unique to my system configuration that is causing this.  I just wish Comcast would get more involved, or at least tell us they are.  I will assume they are testing due to the relative pervasiveness of this problem.

New Visitor
morgoth304

I keep getting the message that my email won't load.  It looks like it's going to work and then I get the exclamation point saying that it cannot load my email.  Try back again in a few minutes...that was 2 days ago.  However, my wife can sign into hers on this computer.  I have called Comcast 2 in the last two days.  I am getting no help. 

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

BruceW wrote: ... The logo doesn't change to "Xfinity Connect Lite" until I reach the Inbox view ...

But now on server sz0018 "Connect Lite" has been dropped:

XfCnInb2.png

Visitor
CLAUDIACONLEY

MY EMAIL WON'T LOAD & I CANNOT ADD ATTCHMENTS TO EXISTING EMAILS.  I GET A WINDOW THAT HAS ERROR WON'T INTIALZIMLET (CRITCAL..COMCAST-SEARCH) ORSOMETHING LIKE THAT.

New Visitor
krimoore

Same here, I can see the mail in Preview, but will not load to open.  Also get the same spinning blue dot circle but mail never loads  How to fix??

Email Expert
CCCarole

XfinityConnect Full or Lie version? Which browser/version do you use?  Have you tried a diferent browser?  Try this too:

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

Thanks to JR for this information

CC

New Visitor
krimoore

I use XfinityConnect Full, works alright from home but just last two days unable to open Inbox or Address Book tab or Voice mail from internet (comcast.net) at work.  I had IE7,  upgraded to IE8,  also downloaded Google Chrome, it didn't work either,  also cleared internet Cache, History and cookies..  Next step?

In reply to:

XfinityConnect Full or Lie version? Which browser/version do you use?  Have you tried a diferent browser?  Try this too:

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

Thanks to JR for this information

New Visitor
MG33333

I followed instructions from someone below that said go to cog at upper right hadn corner of Internet Explorer, open it, click on safety, unclick Active X ...and IT WORKS.  Thanks.

New Visitor
russell-g

i was using ie9 for a while now. no problem. this week i downloaded ie10 thats when i go to get my web mail from comcast you log in alright, but click to view mail in inbox the spinning blue circle just keeps going, i took off ie10 and back to ie9 and no problem.. i chatted with rep and they wanted you to download chrome or firefox. sounds like competition between them both windows and google with comcast, bye the way i downloaded ie10 aafor windows and it still the same, i have no problem using mail client on pc of getting your emails ! not sure

Contributor

Had this problem again toda where I can not use the full version of Comcast mail to get to my inbox. Javascript/Ajax is messed up and you have to *really* clear your cache.

Try this (Firefox) - when sitting at the page where you are stuck, possibly with a little blue circle spinning.

(1) First, clear your browser cache. That probably won't fix it.

(2)   Now, as you navigate to your inbox, on each page (including  the page with the spinning circle) Press: Ctrl+Shift R

Or this, ((IE). Use windows explorer to browse to directory C:\Users\userid\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files and manually delete everything, and restart the browser. You have to manually type this in - you can't browse there as these are hidden folders. Put your userid in.

New Visitor

Try disabling protected mode under tools/otpions/security tab.   You might want to add the site to trusted sites and disable it for that zone not internet.  In my case it was locked down and am unable to add it to trusted sites.  I was having the issue in IE9 not IE8. 

private mode.png

New Visitor
rnewman34

This is getting frustrating.  I work on websites, and have every major browser and none of them will load my inbox.  It started a week or two ago with Chrome..   So I tried Firefox, and it worked for a while.. now every attempt to access my inbox, returns to the xfininty home page.    I am sure it has to do with updates to the inbox, which I also don't like..  but up until a day or two ago, at least I could access it with Firefox and now nothing.  This is getting like healthcare.gov

does no one do cross browser testing any more?

New Visitor
russell-g

the answer is make sure compatable view is on and then it will load, thats the answer i got from microsoft and that was my problem when i started using ie10

New Visitor
russell-g

make sure compatable view is on and then it will work, that was the answer i got from microsoft after downloading  ie 10, and it works, compatable view was not on when i was trying to get to inbox on xfinitymail.  comcast answer was to use chrome or firfox

New Visitor
russell-g

compatable view was not on so i was not able to view inbox using ie10, the answer was from microsoft. it works fine since i turned on

New Visitor
lindawhipple

I was having the same issue where the wheel would turn but the email would not load. I was logged in on Internet Explorer. Tried logging in via Chrome, and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!

New Visitor
hillbe

I'm using:

• XfinityConnect (Full, as far as I know; I didn't realize there was Full and Lite).
  • Everything works correctly when I access through the Windows Live email client, but I have issues when I run from directly from browsers http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/
  • I have tried on both IE9 and Firefox (27). 
  • And- have you cleared your browser cache?
  • Operating system:  Windows 7
  • I can access Xfinity Connect / Inbox Preview but when I try to view the full inbox, view an email, compose an email, address book, or try to open the email preferences, it never opens these functions.  I just get a rotating circle.
  • This was working a week or two ago.  I did have to make some secured site setting changes in IE about 3 weeks ago, but I added comcast.com and comcast.net  to the secured site listing.  And I don't believe this would have affected FF anyway.
  • I saw one posting that suggested clearing Flash cache would fix the problem.  I tried this but still have the same problems.
  • I saw a posting that suggested clearing the browser cache.  I tried on FF and it did not change anything, so I did not try on IE.  I rely on caching and will clear if necessary, but I prefer not to.

Anyone have other suggestions?

Thank you.

New Visitor
russell-g

make sure compatable view in windows is on, thats why i could not access my inbox, had trouble when i used IE10 ,after checking things out thats what my problem was , if compatable view in not on , you get the blue thing circlying

New Visitor
russell-g

if compatable view is not on in windows, you get the blue circle  trying to get to inbox in xfinty mail

New Visitor
Brickkicker

Now I am having the e-mail problem.  I can log into the Comcast home page, and browse the web,

but... when I try to log into my email account, it just spins and does nothing.  I have been using Firefox for about a year, and Explorer before that and have NEVER had this problem before.

Oddly, I tried this afternoon, and it came up briefly, maybe five minutes,and in the middle of checking my emails the page closed and it went back to "trying" to log in.

Cache and cookies have been cleared, computer has been rebooted , defragged.

Need help please!