Contributor
Adnil530

Emails not loading - Able to sign in.

I am able to sign onto Comcast but I cannot get my emails.  I get this message:

Sorry, we were unable to load your email and voicemail.

Please try refreshing your browser in a few minutes.

It has been almost 48 hours now. 

I've been to live chat 3 times, security once (due to suspicous email I think may have caused this) and talked to the 800 tech people. 

Today I got a message today saying that it is going to be another 3-5 working days?   I am so frustrated.  All my tenant information is in the file folders and I can't access them or any inquiries I might have for property. 

I keep getting conflicting times as to how long it will take, first it was 24-48 hours, then it was 3-5 days, then it was 24-72 hours, and now it's back up to 3-5 days.  It is only my email account not any of the other's.  I can send mail from my iPhone only.  I can't receive email from 4 devices that I've tried.

Any suggestions?  I can't wait another 3-5 working days.  I'm losing money and I am not able to provide customer satisfaction in that I cannot even contact the people that are emailing me.

Thank you.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Emails not loading - Able to sign in.

You posted in two different places.  The other one was removed.  Please keep all posts in THIS thread.  It gets too confusing keeping track when there are the same posts in different threads.

Until Comcast Moderators respond to you, the only other suggestion I can tell you is that you can access your Email by using the very,very basic m.comcast.net website.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Adnil530

Thank you for  the reply.  I thought I deleted that post after I realized the issue was not the same and that I probably shouldn't have posted it there.  Sorry, I don't want to confuse.  I will definitely keep the post here as this is a different problem.

I did go to m.comcast.net and when I try to get email I get this message: 

Email currently unavailable

Please contact Comcast Support by calling 1-800-Comcast or chat live with a Comcast care representative.

Please reference error code: 400.

I have an active ticket.

I believe I am using XfinityConnect, the full version.

I do not use an email client

I have Firefox, IE and Chrome.  I have tried to sign into all and have cleared the cache.

I use Windows 7.

During chat troubleshooting, I have been reset and had my password changed so that tech could sign onto my account on the other end.  Tech and Security have been able to sign into my account but not retrieve emails.  They get the same error. 

I received an email from someone at 6:01 with a comcast.net address on the 27th that said " Important E-mail account on hold"  I ignored it thinking that it was spam.  3 hours later was the last time I was able to get mail and I did not click on any links or anything. 

Thanks for any help.

Visitor

Hi,

I am not sure you are alone.  I am not able to sign in.  I can get to the comcast home page but when I click on the "email" button, I get the Internet Explorer error page stating that the page is unavailible. I was lucky enough to log in just to post this note.

Visitor

All,

I beleive that Comcast email is down for at least a number of people.  Here is a note I got back from the Chat assistant:

local technicians is working on it to resolve it the soonest. There is no estimated time yet on when they will be done but you may access your email after an hour or two. Ticket number for the issue is _______

I know that does not help you but at least you are not alone.  They did not respond to my suggestion of posting something on this forum or on their home page.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Adnil530 wrote:

Thank you for  the reply.  I thought I deleted that post after I realized the issue was not the same and that I probably shouldn't have posted it there.  Sorry, I don't want to confuse.  I will definitely keep the post here as this is a different problem.

I did go to m.comcast.net and when I try to get email I get this message: 

Email currently unavailable

Please contact Comcast Support by calling 1-800-Comcast or chat live with a Comcast care representative.

Please reference error code: 400.

I have an active ticket.

I believe I am using XfinityConnect, the full version.

I do not use an email client

I have Firefox, IE and Chrome.  I have tried to sign into all and have cleared the cache.

I use Windows 7.

During chat troubleshooting, I have been reset and had my password changed so that tech could sign onto my account on the other end.  Tech and Security have been able to sign into my account but not retrieve emails.  They get the same error. 

I received an email from someone at 6:01 with a comcast.net address on the 27th that said " Important E-mail account on hold"  I ignored it thinking that it was spam.  3 hours later was the last time I was able to get mail and I did not click on any links or anything. 

Thanks for any help.

It probably is a spam mail. Comcast announcements would not come from comcast.net. They would be from comcast or xfinity.com.  They would not send an email to let you know one of your accounts is on "hold" or is scheduled to be "deleted".

You can determine if the mail is a phishing attempt.

Please read this Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting about your mail) clickable link.

It contains very useful information about mail that purports to be from Comcast.

By the time you get through reading it YOU will be an expert on HOW to know that the mail is a phishing attempt.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
mikkat48

I have been having the same trouble for months and more than 8 phone calls and switching me over to signature techs which will cost me more money they are acting just like the giants in telecommunications fields taking advantage of customers and not giving basic service tech help but jabbing for more money saying I have a virus causing the problems, well I use norton security and microsoft essential security and there are no viruses so I have to use m.comcast.net to even get my emails.  When I bring push the email icon the round circle comes up and then the connect for about 2 seconds and then disappears and goes back to the home page. xfinity is the only toolbar I use and no one can give me the same answer twice because no one knows what they are doing.

I had a job over the internet but lost it either because they said my ISP was not carrying enough or the company itself kept throwing me off the server in the middle of a transaction.  So both parties were blame-

shifting. 

My husband loves the television part and the phone works but the internet part has been a nightmare and I am just tired of calling and getting inept service because the customer service person is good but pushed to upsell me to buy signature tech help when this is just a basic help that should come with the almost $200 dollars I pay each month and I know when my contract goes a few more months it will be way over $200 because that is why I left comcast last time because they keep going up and up and I have not changed anything in my service at all.  I put up with this since March or April and I have a lot of patience now I have no more.

Contributor
Adnil530

I think it has been determined  that it is not a virus on my end otherwise Comcast would be able to log on on their end and they can't and I can not retrieve emails through the m.comcast.net. 

I discussed having my emails forwarded with a Tech so I went up and changed my settings to have my emails forwarded to another email address that I have through comcast, spent 30 minutes on live chat sending test emails and waiting.  Well, that didn't work.  The helpful tech told me that would work AFTER the issue was resolved.  Well, then I wouldn't need my emails forwarded.  So frustrating.

Contributor
Adnil530

My email came back on at at 6:11 am this morning.  The last email in my box before this problem was that suspicious phishing email, unopened. at 6:01 pm on June 27 and then I received one today at 6:11 am..  No emails in between.  I wonder if I'll get those 3 1/2 days worth of emails back? 

Glad to have email and access to my email file folders though.  Wondering where 3 1/2 days of my business emails have gone off to.

Contributor
Adnil530

Emails are slowly filtering in so that's good.  Can't change my password though.  Tech support is probably still working on this in the background?