New Visitor
thurberthree

Error message and cannot view content of emails

I get into the inbox and get a "zimlet" error. I can view the subject of the emailt but when I try to view the emails I cannot see the content.  I get the following error message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; XF_mmhpset)
Timestamp: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:22:37 UTC

Line: 8
Char: 78
Code: 0
URI: http://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/it/js/itn.js

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Error message and cannot view content of emails

[ Edited ]

thurberthree wrote:

I get into the inbox and get a "zimlet" error. I can view the subject of the emailt but when I try to view the emails I cannot see the content.  I get the following error message:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; XF_mmhpset)
Timestamp: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:22:37 UTC

Line: 8
Char: 78
Code: 0
URI: http://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/it/js/itn.js

Hello,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies?

Networking Expert
Baric

Do you have the Comcast toolbar installed?  If so, I would recommend you uninstall it and try again after clearing your cache and cookies.  The Comcast Toolbar is known to cause similar problems.

New Visitor
thurberthree

Thanks for the quick responses. I cleared cache/history/cookies and removed the xfinity toolbar. The solution worked well for one email, but then I got the zimlet error again in the inbox. The exact text is as follows:

"An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "comcast_search". Please notify administrator."

BTW, a Comcast tech came out several weeks ago on another issue and provided me with a newer modem and and software, but the problem only started today.

Networking Expert
Baric

What software?  There is NO software required to use a Comcast Internet connection, other than what comes with your OS.

I take it you are using Firefox?  What version exactly?  Have you tried resetting it?  Reinstalling?

Contributor
sjcole80

I've got the same error message.  I've had it for a few weeks now and haven't been able to figure it out.  I tried the online help but the guy left the chat room before the issue was fixed. I'm about to try it again.

Networking Expert
Baric

sjcole80 wrote:

I've got the same error message.  I've had it for a few weeks now and haven't been able to figure it out.  I tried the online help but the guy left the chat room before the issue was fixed. I'm about to try it again.

Same suggestion, reset or reinstall your browser.

Contributor
sjcole80

Did the reset and it looks like it worked.  thanks

New Visitor
EastPhilly

I had problems with http://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/it/js/itn.js. It was causing some javascript problems in IE. I hate IE and only use it to test websites I am working on. This is some junk from Amazon found in an add-on. I am not sure which add-on I disabled to make it go away but once it was disabled my problem went away. Hope this is some help to someone.

New Visitor
oneej

I can not open any of my emails below is the message and receive and I have called 4 times today been on hold 2 times for 45 minutes each, the third time after an hour someone got on and when I told them the problem we got disconnected. Called back put phone on speaker and laid down and was on hold for 1 1/2 hrs. when finally a lady got on tried to figure out the problem and couldn't said she would talk to someone else in her IT dept. and promised she would call me back in 15 minutes. That was at 3:15 today and now it is 9:08 and still no call back aND STILL CAN'T OPEN MY EMAILS. If I can't read my emails there is no reason to have the interenet through Comcast.

An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "comcast_search". Please notify administrator.

Email Expert
JR071702

I would try each of these steps in order - retrying getting into Xfinity Connect after each step:

1) Clear your Internet Cache and History and clear your browser cookies.

2) Reset your browser to the default settings.

3) Try a different browser - Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer depending on your current browser.

JR

New Visitor
oneej

I did all these when on the phone with the tech yesterday and it did not work. I just tried everything again and still have the same problem. This is very frustrating.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Can you get to the mobile site which is m.comcast.net just to see your mail? That's not a solution, but it might let you see your mail content.
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

Thank You
-Keisha-