Contributor
mariacastle

Form I'm suppose to fill out to allow my husband to have an e-mail never appears.

Hi, I've been trying to get my husband his own e-mil , but the form I'm suppose to fill out never appears.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Form I'm suppose to fill out to allow my husband to have an e-mail never appears.

Are you signing in as the primary account?  If so, what happens when you try to set up a secondary account?  Can you see the option to set up a secondary account when you are in the "Users & Settings" tab?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Contributor
mariacastle

Re: Form I'm suppose to fill out to allow my husband to have an e-mail never appears.

Hi, I've tried it both ways , clicking my account , going to users and setters and clicking " add new user ' , then I tried clicking signning in with a different user's name, only to go around in circles on both.

Any help will be deeply appreciated, thank you, Maria Castle.

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

mariacastle wrote:

Hi, I've tried it both ways , clicking my account , going to users and setters and clicking " add new user ' , then I tried clicking signning in with a different user's name, only to go around in circles on both.

Any help will be deeply appreciated, thank you, Maria Castle.

if you signed  in with the Primary User name and password.  Exactly what happenings when you go to the Users and Settings tab and click the link to add a Secondary?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
mariacastle

I use X-FINITY.

I'm not sure what you mean by full version.

I thougth I was using my e-mail from comcast.

I use Windows 7

Why does this has to be soooo complicated , with at&t you can have up to 8 e-mails , honestly , this IS ridiculuos.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Are you you are signed  in with the PRIMARY username and password?  

Please tell us EXACTLY  what happens when you click on the Users and Settings tab and attempt to add amother user?  When you go to the users & Setting do you see your Primary Username in the drop down under Manage My Accountsyou seem see the link to add a Secondar user?  If yes, what happens when you click on it?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
mariacastle

I use X-FINITY.

I'm not sure what you mean by full version.

I thougth I was using my e-mail from comcast.

I use Windows 7

Why does this has to be so complicated , with a t & t you can have up to 8 e-mails , honestly , this IS ridiculuos.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

When you sign in using YOUR account name do you see this screen:

add account.PNG

When you click Create secondary user nothing is happening?

What browser do you use? Have you tried a different browser?

Another thought: it is possible that your pop up blocker is seeing the link as a pop up.

If you use Internet Explorer hold down the ctrl key while clicking the link. If it opens it is your pop up blocker.

Xfinity Connect has 2 versions. Lite and Full.

To find out which one you are using click Preferences/General. In your case it doesn't matter which version you use because that has no bearing on not being able to create a new user account.

What is in Carole's post is her signature. Sometimes that info is needed though.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
mariacastle

Yes , I have tried that one too , and I never get pass the 1st step , because rigth after I type the special code it throws me back to the beginning.  Can it be possible your system just ain't that good ?

Email Expert
Latoque

What special code are you talking about?  I tried it and all I get is a menu box asking for the information to fill in the new secondary information.  Which is as it should be.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

We need to know what you mean by special code. Are you seeing a string of letters/numbers that you need to type into a box?

When you the type the password, which the only other thing I can think of that may be considered special code, does the password have at least one capital letter and one number?

Your password must be 8-16 characters. It must include at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter, and at least one number or special character (! @ # $ % ^ & *); and cannot contain spaces.

Edit to add: is it possible that special code could also refer to the Secret Question? The answer to the secret question has to be at least 3 characters.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
CCCarole

FWIW_ sounds like Secret Question issue to me...?

Contributor
mariacastle

The code that I mention is the last thing to pop out in the 1st phase, rigth where it states; " For security reason please copy the characters shown " , anwhe i do i get thrown to the beginning all over again even when I typed it rigth.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

You are getting the capcha code. I do NOT see that when I create a new user account.

The only thing I can think of is sign out, close your browser, clear your cache, then try again.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If it were me, I could call 1-800 Comcast, have them check your account and ask them to help you set up a Secondary with the Username of your choice.  They should be able to help.  Once set up, you could then change the password they gave it to your own password choice.

Official Employee
ComcastAlex

New Visitor
SBEATY

I USE XFINITY TRYIN 2 SET UP AN EMAIL ACCT 4 MY  SON  NO LUCK

Email Expert
Latoque

OK we need a lot better information.  Which OS are you running---Windows or Mac OSX?  What browser are you using?  Are you signed in as the Primary account?  What happens when you try to set up the secondary account?

New Visitor
ktles1

The same thing happens to me.  I set it all up and then it just goes back to the form without adding the user, very frustrating. 

Email Expert
Latoque

I have to ask-------are you sure you clicked on the yellow "Add User" button on the bottom of the screen after you entered all of the required information?

New Visitor

I thought we were allowed to have up to 6 accounts?  I am not able to add any.

When I go to User Preferences (or whatever it is) Nothing appears but my 'Basic Information"  no tab (as instructed in your support documents) - no hyperlink or radio button or anything allowing me to add an extra user? 

Can you please tell me how to do this??

btw - your Paste from Word button does not actually allow me to paste anything!  I took a screen shot of my user experience but am not able to share it.  No attachments?  No paste from Word?  No paste anything!  Very frustrating!

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

You can have up to 6 additional email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account.  Sign in to the account with your primary user ID.  On the page that comes up, you should see a row of large blue buttons in the middle of the page.  One of them is "Add an Email Account".  Click on that and you should then be on a page that says "Users and Preferences".  You will see a tab for your primary account, and next to it will be a tab with a "+" sign in it that says "Add a User".  Click on that and then just fill in all the required information.  Make sure you click on "Add User" at the bottom of the page.  It's a large yellow button.

New Visitor
maburke

I just solved this frustrating problem by turning off pop-up blocker.  No idea why; I didn't get a popup, but it created the new account instead of sending me back to the beginning without it.

Good luck!

New Visitor
Fliphishermon

[ Edited ]

This is nuts. It says you can have 6 additional email accounts. I've read through this topic and most of the options aren't available on my page. When I go to my account/overview there is no "Users and Settings" but there is a "My Settings" option.

There's also an option that says create new comcast email account. When I select that it takes me to My Settings. When I add a new user there is no linked email account created.

My pop-up blocker is turned off.

Email Expert
Latoque

Are you signed in as the Primary account?  Because that's the only way you can create a secondary account.

New Visitor
dbuczynski819

When I paid my bill for the first time, today, my user name became my email address! I DON'T THAT FOR MY EMAIL address!.  How can I go back to my OLD email address!

Email Expert
Latoque

You have to sign in to the account with the Primary user name. Once you're on the Xfinity Home page, click on the Account tab. Once in that page, click on "Users and Settings" There you should see tabs for each account you have active. You can have the Primary and up to 6 secondary accounts. Under the account for each one, you will see "Change Account Name" as the first option. Click on that and the rest is easy.

Caution: Once you change the user name, you can't go back to the old one. Changing the user name will also change the user ID in the email address for that account. If anyone tries to send you an email at the old address they'll get a bounce as undeliverable. This applies to the Primary and any secondary addresses alike.

What you might consider as an alternative, is to leave the primary account alone and use it solely for account maintenance.  Then create a secondary account and use that as your every day workhorse.

New Visitor
hazeleyz526

The same thing is happening to me.  There is no "add user" tab or anything under my account number to add a user.  I am on my mobile device and even switched to desktop view and nothing.  Can someone help?

Email Expert
Latoque

The thread you are responding to is almost a year old.  Just what is going on with your account?  If you are trying to add a secondary user then-------------

You can have up to 6 additional secondary email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account. Sign in to the account with your primary user ID. Here's the instructions-------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/