New Visitor
timshelton
Accepted Solution

Getting Smtp Error no outgoing emails

Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Can any one help? i am trying to send resume's and this is slowing down my job hunt, Thanks in advance.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Getting Smtp Error no outgoing emails

It could be a number of things including the possibility that your server is temporarily down.  Have you cleared your cache?  What port are you using for smtp and do you have SSL on?

This clickable link contains the recommended settings for most email clients- Scroll down to find your version of Outlook and compare your settings againest those.  LINK

Let us know the results of checking your port settings.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
therjnel

[ Edited ]

removed

Email Expert
JR071702

therjnel wrote:

I just started getting the same error.  My SMTP is set to port 25, no SSL.  Server time out is set to 1 minute.  Any luck figuring out what might be happening?  It's been going on for a coupe of days now so I hope it isn't that the server is down.

Please refer to the e-mail client settings detailed in this post and adjust your settings as necessary.

JR