New Visitor
thorbud

Got a new computer. Need help with email

Got a new laptop. How do I get my email from my old pc to my new pc? I followed the online instructions to set up the comcast account, and all my new email is coming through, but everything else (folders, contacts, addresses) is gone. Can I get it back?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Got a new computer. Need help with email

Hello,

Have you tried login to xfinity connect and click on the address book option. When you are doing this it will give you options build you address book which will import your address from various accounts. For folders you will have to create them and move the email to the selected folders.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Got a new computer. Need help with email

It sounds as if you have set up an email client. If this is the case, which one? Did you use the same one on your old computer?

An email client is a 3rd party program that you have to install and configure to work with Comcast mail servers. Mail downloaded to the client is removed from the Comcast servers and stored on your computer.

Any mail on your old computer is still there but it will not transfer to a new one even if you use the same client on both of them.

If you do have the same client on both we may be able to help you transfer mail to the new computer.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.