Regular Contributor

HELP! Not Receiving ANY Emails in Xfinity inbox

[ Edited ]

For 2 days now my Xfinity inbox is empty and my email is not being delivered to it.  I have made NO setting changes.  This is where I send and receive emails.  Where are my emails?!

Outlook has always received a copy of my emails and emails from the last 2 days have gone to my Outlook 2003 inbox.

How do I reverse whatever's going on?  I want all my email going to my Xfinity inbox.  A copy to my Outlook inbox is a plus.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: HELP! Not Receiving ANY Emails in Xfinity inbox

dissatisfiedinm wrote:

For 2 days now my Xfinity inbox is empty and my email is not being delivered to it.  I have made NO setting changes.  This is where I send and receive emails.  Where are my emails?!

Outlook has always received a copy of my emails and emails from the last 2 days have gone to my Outlook 2003 inbox.

How do I reverse whatever's going on?  I want all my email going to my Xfinity inbox.  A copy to my Outlook inbox is a plus.

Just to make sure I understand:  You currently have Outlook 2003 configured.  Under the Advanced tab in Outlook, do you have the box still ticked to "Leave a copy of your emails in the Comcast" (Xfinity Inbox) ?

By default, Outlook will download messages to Outlook 2003 and remove them from the Comcast Inbox unless configured to leave a copy in Comcast.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Outlook on my computer because I have Microsoft Office 2003.  However, I do not use Outlook as my default email program though it was configured to receive a copy of my Comcast emails.  I use Xfinity email as my default. 

In answer to your question, because my version of Outlook is 2003,  I do not have an Advanced or any other tab.  I have regular menu items File, Edit, View, etc. I have looked at every single email setting in Outlook and there is no field to check for "Leave a copy of your emails in the Comcast (Xfinity inbox)"

Do you use XfinityConnect?     YES

The Full or Lite version?   FULL

Do you use an email client?    I HAVE OUTLOOK BUT DO NOT USE IT

Which browser/version do you use?   IE9

And- have you cleared your browser cache?   EVERY SINGLE DAY

Which operating system?   WINDOWS 7

Not receiving emails in my Xfinity inbox happened without warning or any re-configuration on my part.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Comcast question:

Just to make sure I understand:  You currently have Outlook 2003 configured.  Under the Advanced tab in Outlook, do you have the box still ticked to "Leave a copy of your emails in the Comcast" (Xfinity Inbox) ?

By default, Outlook will download messages to Outlook 2003 and remove them from the Comcast Inbox unless configured to leave a copy in Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

dissatisfiedinm wrote: ... I do not have an Advanced or any other tab ...

Please visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/leave-e-mail-messages-on-your-e-mail-server-HA0011507..., click on "+ POP3 e-mail accounts", follow steps 1-5, and compare the settings shown with the ones you have.

Email Expert
CCCarole

dissatisfiedinm wrote:

I have Outlook on my computer because I have Microsoft Office 2003.  However, I do not use Outlook as my default email program though it was configured to receive a copy of my Comcast emails.  I use Xfinity email as my default. 

In answer to your question, because my version of Outlook is 2003,  I do not have an Advanced or any other tab.  I have regular menu items File, Edit, View, etc. I have looked at every single email setting in Outlook and there is no field to check for "Leave a copy of your emails in the Comcast (Xfinity inbox)"

1- Open Outlook 2003

2- Click on the Tools tab

3- Scroll down to Email Accounts & click on that

4- Tick "View or change email accounts"

5- Click on your email address to highlight it & click on 'Change'

You are now in the Email Account Window:

6-Click on 'More Settings' on the right side

7- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the new window

8-  Scroll down to the bottom of the window where you will see "Delivery" with options underneath it.  There are three options:  the first one is to 'Leave a copy of messages on the Server'

If you want to view messages in XfinityConnect Inbox AND also be able to view in Outlook 2003 tick that option.

There are two other options available there:

Remove from Server after __ days

Remove from Server when deleted from the Deleted Items.

Click OK to save any setting changes you make  under Delivery.

If you do not want to use Outlook 203 ever- then remove the Outlook account.

If you need assistance please post back.

Do you use XfinityConnect?     YES

The Full or Lite version?   FULL

Do you use an email client?    I HAVE OUTLOOK BUT DO NOT USE IT

Which browser/version do you use?   IE9

And- have you cleared your browser cache?   EVERY SINGLE DAY

Which operating system?   WINDOWS 7

Not receiving emails in my Xfinity inbox happened without warning or any re-configuration on my part.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Comcast question:

By default, Outlook will download messages to Outlook 2003 and remove them from the Comcast Inbox unless configured to leave a copy in Comcast.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Contributor

I've made the setting and hope it fixes my email delivery problem.  Thank you for the step-by-step instructions.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You are very welcome, feel free to post back anytime you need more help. OR if the issue continues or resurfaces.

I still have Outlook 2003 on my very old laptop, but my new desktop PC is running Outlook 2010.  My old desktop was running Outlook 2007.

Purchasing Outlook 2010 by itself is, as you probably is know quite expensive unless bundled with Office 2010... And that is not inexpensive either.  I can offer you an alternative you might want to cosider done the road- microsoft's Windows Live Mail.  It is a free email program that you can download & configure.

CC