Visitor
Accepted Solution

HOW TO: forward emails to gmail account

[ Edited ]

Need help in locating information on forwarding my emails from primary account to a gmail account.  Could not locate it  on comcast site, called cust service, he transferred me, and that was a dead end!

Wonder why  comcast does not have  this information easily available.  I have Macmail.

A link would be helpful.  Thanks

Contributor
peterzig

Re: HOW TO: forward emails to gmail account

From your in box click preferences at the top, then on the left click email, then turn on forward email. It will then put up a box to let you enter another address. Click save a copy to the server also. I set this up but I do not get all my emails forwaded. Good luck.

Visitor

Would appreciate any other recommendations.......

Contributor
peterzig

I solved my problem with forwarding. My gmail account was marking some of the forwarded mail as spam. I changed the setting for gmail and now it works fine.

Visitor

I don't understand......not sure why your  instruction is to go to inbox..then Preferences.  My preferences are

under Mail at the top..but when I go into Preferences, the option to forward is not there.

This problem remains unsolved.

Bronze Problem Solver

Penny636 wrote:

I don't understand......not sure why your  instruction is to go to inbox..then Preferences.  My preferences are

under Mail at the top..but when I go into Preferences, the option to forward is not there.

This problem remains unsolved.

You didn't follow the directions. After you click on Preferences, click on Email in the pane over on the left. Then click on Auto Forward.

New Visitor
denomdemon

When I click auto forward it brings me to a page that doesn't exist. It says "oops.this page cannot be found."

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

denomdemon wrote:

When I click auto forward it brings me to a page that doesn't exist. It says "oops.this page cannot be found."

Is this the path you are taking?

In Xfinity Connect click PREFERENCES.

In Preferences click Email.

In Email click Forwarding.

This will take you to My Account. You may have to enter your password.

The field to forward should automatically open.

Please note that if your user account is a secondary account you will not be able to set up forwarding. The PRIMARY user account holder will have to sign in so you can change it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Hiatsu2k8

[ Edited ]

I followed all these steps and it brings me to the same page.

It says,

Oops. This page cannot be found.

Edit: Gmail can get the emails directly from the comcast server by going to your settings/account and import/add a pop3 email account you own. Enter all your personal information and leave the SSL box empty. You should recieve the confirmation email right away. 

Note: I originally tried this with the ssl option enabled and changed the port to 995. Everything went through but, when it came time to recieve the confirmation email I got an error from gmail saying that the email was denied by the comcast server. 

Everyone pray to the google gods that Fiber comes to all of us soon! 

New Visitor
mattsmaid

[ Edited ]
When you go to 'my account'...click on 'users and preferences'. Then click on 'email and voice settings'...and you can set up the email forward from there. I just did it...hope it works.
Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

Here are the complete directions, step by step:

Sign in with your PRIMARY Username and password

Click on ACCOUNT at the top of the page

You will be re-directed into Customer Central

Now click on Users & Settings tab

All Users show in the next window

Click on the User you want to set up Forwarding for

Window opens showing that User:

click on Email Settings:

Window opens, scroll down to FORWARDING

Click oN

Window opens to enter the email address you want to Forward email to,

type in the email address

Click SAVE

Options shown there too, IF you want to save a copy of emails in your Comcast Inbox for that user.

CC

PS You can print these directions by clicking on Options to the right of the post, then clciking on Print.

forwarding.JPG

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Hiatsu2k8

Verified, this is the correct way to get your comcast email forwarded. 

Thank you.

New Visitor

this is ridiculous.  Ive followed multiple posts trying to be able to foward my emails with nothing to show.  everytime i am sent to the same location where all i can change are basic setting.  Being able to change my password, secret question, etc. doesnt help me do this

Email Expert
CCCarole

You must sign in with the PRIMARY USERNAME and password. Them when you go to Customer Central by clicking on MY ACCOUNT, you would then click on thevUsername under the Users and Preferences tab.
Following these steps you will see Basic Settings and Email Settings fr the Username you clicked on from the Users and Preferences tab.

The key s to sign in with the PRIMARY USERNAME first.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
tfer5706

I have set the email to forward but nothing went to the new email. Can I forward all the old email. When I do it manually I can't open them. I get an error that says "Oops browser is blocking popups"

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can only have new email going to the Inbox automatically forwarded. All other email already in the Inbox you would need to manually forward.

Have you checked your Pop up settings?

Which browser/ version are you using?

CC

New Visitor
kb2014

To have access to forwarding of your comcast email to another email system, you must be signed in as the PRIMARY user on the Comcast account. Once the Primary User is signed in to their Comcast account, tabs with secondary user names also appear. If you are a Secondary User, this method will allow you access to the Forward email buttons and the option to select the account to which to forward your Comcast emails. 

New Visitor

I have called; been on the phone for an hour; was hung up on 4 times.  All I want to do is transfer my comcast email to my gmail email address.  I spoke with someone in the email dept of comcast and he said he can do it. I have not received any emails as of today.  I need this to be taken care of.

Thank you,

Genevieve

Penny636 wrote:

Need help in locating information on forwarding my emails from primary account to a gmail account.  Could not locate it  on comcast site, called cust service, he transferred me, and that was a dead end!

Wonder why  comcast does not have  this information easily available.  I have Macmail.

A link would be helpful.  Thanks