New Visitor
vernoncooke
Accepted Solution

Haven't gotten any emails in 3 days, something wrong

Haven't gotten any emails from through comcast.net, either on Thunderbird or even on the Comcast webmail.     Something must be wrong.     I am still getting emails from gmail on Thunderbird email software.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Haven't gotten any emails in 3 days, something wrong

vernoncooke wrote:

Haven't gotten any emails from through comcast.net, either on Thunderbird or even on the Comcast webmail.     Something must be wrong.     I am still getting emails from gmail on Thunderbird email software.

Comcast have a habit of turning on the "Safe List" for you. In webmail, check Preferences>Email>Incoming Email Restrictions>My Account(in the dropdown)>Email & Voice Settings to see if they've turned on Email Safe List for you. When it's enabled you receive email *only* from the addresses entered there.

Contributor

This happened to me today. I just changed the setting to off and I received a test email. However, Im not sure what has happened to a full day worth of emails. Do you know if the emails sent to me today, that I have not gotten, will still be delivered?

Bronze Problem Solver

MjAikens wrote:

This happened to me today. I just changed the setting to off and I received a test email. However, Im not sure what has happened to a full day worth of emails. Do you know if the emails sent to me today, that I have not gotten, will still be delivered?

You won't see them unless someone from Comcast steps in to help you out... and I wouldn't be very optimistic about it. Try calling 1-800-COMCAST and explaining things. Good luck getting someone who even knows what you're talking about.

I'll ask one of the regulars here, who's one of the favorites with the Comcast mods, to ask one of the Comcast mods to take a look at this thread.

Contributor

Thank you! I would love some good help. I talked to 3 different Comcast people today, all not having a clue as to where to go. It was disappointing!

Thanks for  the help!

New Visitor
vernoncooke

I think you hit it right on the nose.    Good to have people around who know.