Visitor

Help! How do I block someone's email from coming in

Someone sends me emails that I do not wish to converse with.  How do I block it from coming in?  I tried going to "help", but it was no help!

Comcast-outlook
Most Valued Poster

Re: Help! How do I block someone's email from coming in

Outlook or Outlook Express.  If Outlook, which Version?

Bill

Oh boy, how can I tell?  I know it says outlook...I am at work right now and not at my computer home right now.  Can I tell what version by logging into comcast.  I can see my emails when I do that.
Visitor

I hit the report Spam button-what does that do?
Most Valued Poster

You have can setup message rules, so when a certain email sends emails to you, you can have it go right to the trash bin.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

keltic1der1969 wrote:
You have can setup message rules, so when a certain email sends emails to you, you can have it go right to the trash bin.

You can go one step further than having the message sent to the trash bin-Outlook Express, and I'm sure other email clients are the same, can be configured to delete the message from the Comcast server when mail downloads to OE. The message will not show up in your deleted mail, it will vanish into a black hole in cyberspace.

Report as spam simply lets the mail filter know a message is spam. Unfortunately it takes many users reporting the same message as spam before the filter recognizes and tags it as such. So if you accidentally report a legitmate message as spam, don't worry. It won't be directed to the screened mail folder.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 11-29-200611:35 AM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Most Valued Poster

And another way is to go into your email using comcast.net, go under preferences then select "restrict incoming mail" and then select "Only allow email from the following" and add the email addresses you want to get email from, this is also useful in controlling spam. The only downside is, when you give your email address out to someone, you will need to add theres to recieve emails from them to this list each time you want someone new to be able to send you emails or someone changes there email addy.