Visitor

How can I retrieve old emails, both sent and received

I am trying to retrieve emails that I sent at the end of Dec.  they are no longer in my sent box and I need them for reference

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: How can I retrieve old emails, both sent and received

anthonykincade wrote:

I am trying to retrieve emails that I sent at the end of Dec.  they are no longer in my sent box and I need them for reference

If they are no longer in your Sent Folder, then they were deleted automatically based on the Email Deletion Schedule you have set up.  To check your Deletion Schedule Settings:

Click on Preferences, then click on Email on the left side.  Scroll down and look at each Folder to see how many days each folder is set up to when it deletes messages from each folder. Email Deletion Schedule (2).JPG

This should explain why the messages are no longer in the Sent Folder.  If that does not explain it, post back again.  Once messages are automatically deleted they cannot be recovered.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I am looking for a way to retrive e-mails sent on Nov. 26 and 27, 2012. How can I accomplish this?

Email Expert
Latoque

Assuming you are using the Xfinity Connect webmail, you will not be able to recover anything that old now.  If they had been deleted only within the last week or so------maybe.  You would have to call Comcast security to try, but usually anything that long ago is just gone.  Are you saying the messages are no longer in your Sent folder?  How do you have the deletion schedule set for it?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.