Visitor

How can you recall a sent e-mail message from Comcast.net?

[ Edited ]
If I send an e-mail to someone, and realize there are errors in the information, how can I retrieve it before it is read by the other party? After it is retrieved and corrected, it can be resent.
Message Edited by TheNotary on 11-06-2009 09:59 AM
Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: How can you recall a sent e-mail message from Comcast.net?

No you cannot. Please note below.

Posting Guidelines:  Please....

1) Include a short overview of the topic in the Subject area

2) Please describe your problem or ask your question in the text box below,including exact and complete error messages, if any. Also include your configuration details, what you are trying to do when the issue happens, etc. The more details you provide the faster we can help you.

The goal is to help solve your problem, but we may need more information from you to do so. In most cases, blank posts will be locked in 24 hours if you do not reply with the details needed to help you and you will have to start a new discussion.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

If I send an e-mail to someone, and realize there are errors in the information, how can I retrieve it before it is read by the other party? After it is retrieved and corrected, it can be resent.
Email Expert
CCCarole

TheNotary wrote:

You cannot retirieve an e-mail that has already been sent... It doesn't matter if the other party has read it or not- It cannot be retrieved.  The only thing you can do is send a new e-mail with the correct information. Sorry.:smileysad:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Bronze Problem Solver

TheNotary wrote:

Carole answered you. You can't retrieve a sent email.