New Visitor

How do I change my email address

How do I change my email address to something different?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: How do I change my email address

[ Edited ]

hotpinkkitten17 wrote:

How do I change my email address to something different?

The first question is: do you currently have more than just your Primary email address?  If that is the case, you really might want to create a Secondary email address and use it for email- Leaving your PRIMARY as the Owner of the Account for billing, checking your account,etc. That is what most do.

To create a Secondary email address, after signing in with the Primary, click on Account Links from the homepage, and choose 'Create another Account'.

NOTE:  However, right now there is a problem with creating Secondary Accounts so you may have to wait abit before you can do that.

Posted by the Comcast Moderator read below:

We have a fix to this issue that we are currently completing testing on.  This is tentatively scheduled to be rolled out at the end of next week.  Until then, please keep sending me your primary email address and mac information if this issue occurs for you.

If you still need help, post back.

Account Links window.jpg

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Yukonse

Hello hotpinkkitten17,

To change your Comcast Email address you just need to do the Following:

1. Go to https://customer.comcast.com/Public/Home.aspx

2. Sign in using the Primary email address on the account.

3. Once you are in, go to Users & Settings tab.

4. Then look for Change user name.

5. Enter the security code term and fill out the password, enter new user name and confirm user name sections and click Save changes.

Note: You will get an Error message if you'll input an email address that is already taken. If that is the case try another Email address.

New Visitor
jsilla

i would like to change my primamry email address.How can I do this

Email Expert
Latoque

jsilla wrote:

i would like to change my primamry email address.How can I do this

Depending on  what page you happen to be looking at, at the top of the screen click on either Account or My Account.  Sign in if you need to.  Then click on "Users and Preferences".  You will see a tab for the account, and the first choice is "Change Username".  That's how you change the email address.

Caution------You Cannot Undo this action.  Once you change it the old address is gone.  So make sure  you really want the new one, and are willing to give up the old one.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.