Visitor

How do I mark a webmail email as unread?

I want to mark it as unread so my email client (Eudora 7) will pick it up.
Most Valued Poster
Jason1

Re: How do I mark a webmail email as unread?

bartzilla,

Comcast webmail currently does not offer the ability to mark a read message as unread.  This is a popular feature that many have asked for here in the forums and we have let the webmail team know of this so it might be available soon.  But for now, the only way to mark a read message as unread is to use an email program like Eudora.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

bartzilla wrote:

Read messages in webmail will be downloaded into your email client if they are sitting in the webmail inbox. I don't know about Eudora, but webmail read messages will show up unread in Outlook Express.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
New Visitor

I want to throw my 2c in the hat as well.  Yes, PLEASE add/implement this feature.  It is a standard feature across other webmail clients and proves immensely valuable for the categorizing and storage/retrieval of email messages.

regards,
Email Expert
JR071702

Queen-Evie wrote:

bartzilla wrote:

Read messages in webmail will be downloaded into your email client if they are sitting in the webmail inbox. I don't know about Eudora, but webmail read messages will show up unread in Outlook Express.

This is the case with Eudora as well.    I use the Webmail at work (with the firewall at work, I can send e-mail from Eudora at work, but can't download them) and any read messages during the day are downloaded by Eudora as unread messages when I fire up Eudora when I get home.

JR
New Visitor

You can mark email messages as unread (or other) in Comcast.  Just go to your inbox, select your message, then right click on the box to the left.  A list of options appears.  Click on "mark as unread" or any other selection you wish.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

wordsmith, one can mark messages as read now. At the time this thread was originally posted 5 years ago, that ability did not exist in what was then known as Webmail.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.