New Visitor
oobi

How do I set up a second email address?

hello;  I have the email account that comcast gave me when we signed up with them - now I would like to set up email for my sister.  one would think this would be easy to do - but i am having problems even finding out where to do it....

can someone help me get started? Please?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: How do I set up a second email address?

Sign in to Customer Central (clickable link)  as the PRIMARY Comcast user account.

Click Users & Settings.

When the page opens click Create secondary user.

Create new email.PNG.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
fepryor

I was able to create, add, a secondary user, but how do I then create an email address for them?

It doesn't provide that option.  What am I missing?

Email Expert
Latoque

[ Edited ]

The User ID that you put in is the part of the email address to the left of the @ sign.  Just go ahead and sign into the account using it as an email address and you will get to the Xfinity screen.  So if it accepted what you put in there the email address is already created.  Just send a test email to it from another account to see if it works OK.  Add @comcast.net to the user name.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
fepryor

I have set up a secondary user on my xfinity account, but how do I then add a second email?  What else do I need to do?

New Visitor
fepryor

That's what I thought, and I sent a test.  I'll go back and see what may be wrong.  Thanx.

Email Expert
Latoque

Are you able to sign into the account?  If so, then there is nothing wrong.  It should take you to the Xfinity Home page, and from there you can click on Email and you should get the Preview page.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
nancygonzales

I am trying to set up a new account because I was locked out of facebook and am trying to get back on. I got a message that I can't use comcast.net for my second account. How do I set up a second email account?

Email Expert
Latoque

You got a message from who saying you can't use a Comcast email address?  Did it say why?  Here is the way to set up a secondary  account---------------

You can have up to 6 additional email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account. Here's the procedure-------

Secondary Accounts

Official Employee
ComcastKen

nancygonzales wrote:

I am trying to set up a new account because I was locked out of facebook and am trying to get back on. I got a message that I can't use comcast.net for my second account. How do I set up a second email account?

Hi Nancy,

If Facebook is saying you can't use Comcast.net as a second account, then I would suggest you try signing up with a different email provider (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc) for a secondary email address to resolve this issue.  If your issue is that you cannot create a secondary comcast.net email through "My Account" then please let us know and we can assist you with that.

Ken Tran
Comcast Silicon Valley
Contributor
purplemintpatty

These instructions will onlly allow me to create a secondary user to my primary account.  I don't want to "grant access" to another user.  I want to create a separate account.  Supposedly I'm allowed to have up to 6 email accounts, but it looks like Comcast will only allow me one.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

purplemintpatty wrote:

These instructions will onlly allow me to create a secondary user to my primary account.  I don't want to "grant access" to another user.  I want to create a separate account.  Supposedly I'm allowed to have up to 6 email accounts, but it looks like Comcast will only allow me one.

A secondary email account is what you would be creating. It will be a separate account. It will not have access to My Account. It won't be able to view/pay the bill or create new user accounts.  It won't be able to access digital voice call logs if you have Comcast digital voice.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor
ldhkah

How old is this answer? I don't see an option for settings and preferences. All I see is add another user. That user comes up as me. My son wants his own separate from mine. We are trying to set up an app where we both need separate email addresses. When he uses the new one he created it still comes up as me and says I can't add myself. How do I create a secondary one? There is no option, it just says "add user" but it's me, not him. It's like a secondary email for me, not his own separate one.

Email Expert
Latoque

Go up to post #9 in this thread and click on the link I have there for the set-up procedure.  You can get to your account by clicking on "My Account " or "Account" on any page you see it on.  Here it is as it appears on the Home page-------------

Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 7.58.45 AM.jpg

You can also get to it from the instructions I posted in post #9.

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
Jaybird207

I have my email address and it is my name.  I want my wife to have a email address.  How can I do this?

Email Expert
Latoque

You can have up to 6 additional secondary email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account. Sign in to the account with your primary user ID. Here's the instructions-------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/