New Visitor
jilgar

How to change email provider?

I am currently a comcast customer switching to AT&T... I currently have a comcast email address and my emails go into Microsoft Outlook 2007... Can you please tell me what to do next?  ex:  how are emails forwarded to new email address.... do I call comcast and tell them I am cancelling my email account???  just basic stuff like that.

Thank you for your time.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: How to change email provider?

[ Edited ]

jilgar wrote:

I am currently a comcast customer switching to AT&T... I currently have a comcast email address and my emails go into Microsoft Outlook 2007... Can you please tell me what to do next?  ex:  how are emails forwarded to new email address.... do I call comcast and tell them I am cancelling my email account???  just basic stuff like that.

Thank you for your time.

The best way to handle this is to set up an email account with Gmail or Yahoo immediately, and have your email forwarded there.  To do:  Got into SZ and choose Preferences>Email, and then click on auto forward. 

Once you cancel your account with Comcast you do not have a comcast email address at all, and emails will NOT be forwarded.

After setting up the Gmail account, you can notify your contacts to use that Gmail email address.  After switching ISP's, you can have your email set up again to use Outlook via AT&T. 

You might also want to export a cvs file on all your contacts, save it, and later import it into your ISP's email program. 

Yes, you will need to notify Comcast that you are canceling your service.

If we can help you further, please do post back.

Edit to add:  Here is a link to the settings you need if you go with Gmail:  LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.