Visitor

How to create browser shortcut that goes directly to Comcast webmail login page?

How can I create a browser shortcut that goes directly to my Comcast webmail login page instead of the comcast home page?

Each time I create a shortcut to the comcast webmail login page, the next time I use the shortcut, it leads to the comcast home page.

Email Expert
JR071702

Re: How to create browser shortcut that goes directly to Comcast webmail login page?

roriggins wrote:

How can I create a browser shortcut that goes directly to my Comcast webmail login page instead of the comcast home page?

Each time I create a shortcut to the comcast webmail login page, the next time I use the shortcut, it leads to the comcast home page.

The shortcuts will only work if you sign in via the Comcast home page or one of the Comcast properties (such as these forums).   Otherwise, they will redirect to the Comcast Home page. 

This is by Comcast's design and everyone here - even the helpers on the e-mail board - think that this is an incredibly dumb and short-sighted decision by Comcast.

JR

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How to create browser shortcut that goes directly to Comcast webmail login page?

Comcast has annoyed many of its customers and violated all standards of webside programming by eliminating any possibility of that.  You can no longer do so.  Complain often and loudly!
Visitor

I appreciate your replies. This is what I expected, that comcast redirects to their home page. It ticks me off, because I don't want to see their adverstising -- I already pay comast enough money each month and should have the privilege of getting to a login page as the first step.

comast doesn't realize that in the long term they are only hurting their business, because as soon as a decent alternative is available, I'll switch.

Email Expert

A decent alternative is already available. Doesn't your computer have a mail client, like Outlook Express or Windows Mail? No one is forcing you to use SmartZone if you don't like the hoops you have to go through to get to it.
Web Page Expert
BethKatz

And setting up an email client is fairly easy. No ads, fewer bugs.

For Windows, refer to the settings noted in a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=2&thread.id=101266

If you are using a Mac, the settings for Mac Mail are in a sticky thread at the top of the Macintosh help forum:

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=8&thread.id=7633